Midnite Challenge Forums

Full Version: Top Crew Changes Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've seen and heard a lot of suggestions about crews and how to make the competition more fair and more fun... I've suggested ladder-style tournaments and such, but then in the middle of the night last night, this idea hit me...

Top Crew is all about money... money comes from CM's and sponsorship. Without both, you can't possibly win top crew and the only way to increase sponsorship is to win crew races.

Right now you only get a little for sponsorship if you win a race, it takes about 90 wins to get 100% sponsorship, BUT IMAGINE THIS...

You accept a race challenge and win... 2.5% sponsorship increase
You challenge and win... 1.5% sponsorship increase
You accept a challenge and lose... 1.5% sponsorship loss
You challenge and lose... 2.5% sponsorship loss
You decline a challenge... 3.5% sponsorship loss
You fail to reply to a challenge... 5% sponsorship loss

Of course this would take some programming, but it would make sure that there is some basic incentive for accepting races and not just from helper crews, plus it would help cut down on the number of crew leaders who just delete crew challenges instead of declining them. Of course we still need to fix the "6 hour" rule so that it actually works too.

In addition to this, make losing a crew race cost a small percentage of your CM's. Not a lot though, maybe 5% at best... make it hurt though for declines and failure to reply. A crew who gets out there and is willing to make the effort and isn't afraid to challenge others should get something for it, even if everyone else to afraid to race them and lose.

I'm sure that with feedback from others, we can fine-tune this idea and come up with a very reasonable, yet effective change that shouldn't be too dramatic or difficult to work into the game.

Tell me what you think.
i think its a good idea but do you think there would be any difrence's in the crews i think if a crew was dicided like dynasty and all the ppl in it where good you could still take the win but hay im a noob at crews lol i have ran a crew for like 1-2 full session Tongue
sure it makes a difference... joe-anycrew can challenge even the Dynasty's and if they decline, it hurts them... if they accept and win or lose, it helps the noob crew... I'm sure my plan isn't perfect, but it's a start.
I love it, my only concern is the idea of making enemies in the game. Sending challenges to crews that you know you can beat almost precludes them from competition and sending to an established crew that does not want your challenges (for obvious reasons) would create hostility in the game.

Now you all know I am not one to keep my opinions to myself but I am not one for making enemies either. I also wonder about the ability to gang up and crush the competition, get two or three fast crews to send constantly to your competition and the result ends up much the same as helpers although much more difficult to acheive.

I agree wholeheartedly that something needs to be done with the whole top crew situation and I like the idea in theory, I just have some reservations about the actual implementation. Smile

I also think possibly taking into account the average crew driver level would help. That way you get far less for beating a helper than a crew that is actually competitive with you.
BAD IDEA...If you lose sponsorship for declining a race..Then you could have 100 crews challenge you and you'd decline and the other crew is just beating you with 1 cerw win and tons of cm and cbr..bad idea
the whole point is to encourage crews to build good cars and actually race instead of letting them build shit cars and race no one other than helpers that have even worse cars.
BLuRRy_FaST_SpEEd Wrote:BAD IDEA...If you lose sponsorship for declining a race..Then you could have 100 crews challenge you and you'd decline and the other crew is just beating you with 1 cerw win and tons of cm and cbr..bad idea

get lost do you like the idea that allthe top members get together in one big crew and use thre mates to make helpers to win I DON'T THINK SO and like black-rain said its a start the basic idea can and most likely will be changed to make its even better and more fair
its a good idea but has a few to many errors in it....just cause it will be easy to fuck over crews.....
but it has potential if a way can be figured out that crews could not purposely be crushed. Like I said having a crew average level as a factor in the gain/loss of sponsorship would be a good idea, that way a crew with an average of say 4 levels or more above the crew they are challenging gets less sponsorship for the win and the losing crew gets less damage, it kind of balances out
I dont like this idea becuase when i play mc im on forums and topshift too and msn so i ussaly dont refresh the page till like 3 minites therefor in that 3 minites i could have not accpeted 3 challenges
Pages: 1 2