Midnite Challenge Forums

Full Version: whats a good sound system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
for $600 at the most. i am getting subs and what not for my truck, and i can only spend $600 or at least thats what my parents are spending on it for christmas, so i was wondering if i should go with a single 12 or 2 10's? and i need a good amp that beets hard anyone have any suggestions
Best quality out there is JL Audio. Go with an older JLW6 if you can find one. Just having a 10' one pounds good.
I got 2 12inch kickers and an amp in my silverado and it pounds hard and i paid $500 plus i dont know about your truck but u need a custom box for mine and that was like $100 so i would recomend 2 12inch subs if u can afford them
You can also make sub boxes really cheap. Probably around $10-$15 of materials. Doesn't take too long either. Make sure you balance the whole system out man, music sounds bad when you crank the bass but don't have other speakers to compliment it.
ohhh i know ive already got some like $60 aftermarket car speakers in the truck and i have a friend who can make the boxes for me. and are CRUNCH amps any good? i have heard from some that they are and from some that they arent
Kelly087 Wrote:You can also make sub boxes really cheap. Probably around $10-$15 of materials. Doesn't take too long either. Make sure you balance the whole system out man, music sounds bad when you crank the bass but don't have other speakers to compliment it.

yea thats balance it out or else it sounds like shit
when i was into car audio i had the following subs

orion hcca's 10's and 12's ran them with massive amps

also had audiobahn 10's ran with kenwood amp

also jbl 12's ran with the aforementioned massive amps

a lot will depend on if you have extended cab truck on what you can do with your sound system
$600 is not going to buy you a whole lot. I would look into an older rockford fosgate amp. Do a search on ebay for a 250a2, or 500a2 amp. You can also find kicker L7 subs for about $200 a pair to $300 a pair. From what I have found the amp is one of the most crucial parts, you can have the best subs in the world but they sound like shit cause the amp is of poor quality.
i dunno...i have had a pair of 12'' JL W3's for a couple years and they punch with pretty much any amp...get a pair a those ($200ish) and a alpine 450 amp...youll be way under 600 and your shiit will bump
i got 2 10's Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs, and a Rockford Fosgate P2 amp...it was cheap and sound ok...

Will upgrade once i stop buying raymond's audio Big Grin
Pages: 1 2