Midnite Challenge Forums

Full Version: Ideas for Future Versions*Must Read*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Here are a few ideas and resolutions that I think would benefit Midnitechallenge as a whole, in the community as well as from a business perspective. Anyhow, here goes

1. Bring back Accepting/declining races. This is what made MC what it is, giving an actual reason to build up your car, as well as to build sleepers. Back in the day, you could choose an amount to race for, as well as the option of pink slips, and challenge someone to race. Shortly after, that person would recieve a race invite showing the amount and whether or not its for slips. You could then accept or decline the persons challenge.

I think this should be brought back, but with limits to avoid misuse. Say that the game had the same setup with quickmatches and instant racing, but there was a new option to "Duel" or whatever. For 250 (or more) credits you can pick an amount, and a pink slip option and challenge an opposing player. That player of course, can either risk his car and accept, or play it safe and decline.

This brought a real competitive edge to MC. I remember back in the day, there were hundreds of people on, AT ALL TIMES. Racing for money and slips was what brought the main appeal to MC. A well played race could make or break you.
Overall, it feels like there is no real reason to build sleeper cars, or even to build fast cars at all.

2. My second idea is to change the EXP system. It should be set up that you gain the most exp by racing people in your close range. If you beat someone who way outranks you, whether it be legit or by default, you should gain a lot of exp. That being said, if you are way above someones range, it should be pointless to race them. People should be racing there level to gain the max amount of exp, instead of spamming people for guaranteed wins. I know that sounds like complaining, but really its just common sense. I have no problems with how MC operates, just suggestions.

3. More cars that have a purpose! Is it me, or are there only two cars in this game? (I think we all know what I'm talking about) Back in the early days, there were always certain cars that ran the game, but it would be nice to see different cars better at different things. For example, certain cars should have higher pimp factor than others, hands down. Others, should run the best 1/4 mile. Some should be better at street racing, and so on. This gives you a reason to buy multiple cars for different occasions. Motorcycles...?

4. Gaining Exp more ways than one. I think you should gain exp from many of the things you do on MC. For example, when you recruit someones models, or steal a car, you should gain exp. When you work and dont lose models, you should get exp. When you beat someone that has won most of their races, you should gain more exp than normal, and less for thos who have lost most of their races. If you advance in overall ranking (1st, 2nd, etc) you should also get exp. Ex. If your in 2nd, and end up taking 1st, exp reward.

5. Crew battles. I liked the crew battle set up in the old days, which was similar to the Accept/decline method above. Crews could challenge other crews, and they then had the choice to accept or decline. The random set up that is in place now is unbalanced. You have top crews racing the worst crews, and so on. If there isnt a challenge option, there should be "crew ranges" so that crews are racing the closest competition for them that there is

6. Why the hell do you make so much money? Back in the day, it was a great feat to hit 1 billion. Now, you wouldnt make top 25. What truly is the purpose in having so much money? With the cars and racing system it is, theres nothing to spend it all on. Whats more realistic, 100 million from racing and selling calendars, or 1 trillion. Unless there is a reason for it, I think its useless to have so much money. Overall, the parts, calendars and level ups should cost more, and you should make less. Dont worry, you'll still have millions and millions stacked up for a rainy day

7. Promote Promote Promote. This game is way underrated. Its sad to see that such few people play anymore, especially compared to how it was in the beginning. Add the pink slip and money races and I think a lot more people will be drawn in. After all, what it street racing all about? I hope that more and more people continue to join and play. MC is a great game, it just seems to have lost its way. Please hear our cries

Criticism is welcomed
first of all, i'd like to say that whoever MC_Alumni is, he has a lot of good ideas, there was only 1 or 2 things that i could disagree with in the whole post...

1. accept/decline racing should be brought back. the new system is tedious, extremely annoying, and nobody likes to spam race. and money races should be brought back too, but no credit racing, this can be abused very easily, and there really is no point in it.

2. EXP system should definitely be changed. asap too. i think 99% of players hate it. it's completely unfair and the #1 reason that the game has lost most of it's players. it discourages new players completely.

3. cars, yes it's true, the only cars in the game right now are the r5 turbo and the volkswagen rabbit gti for non-members... it's really pointless to have 100 other cars in the game if you lose races for using them. and being realistic, the r5 and the rabbit are horrible cars in real life.

4. the exp idea of gaining exp more ways than just racing, i personally like a lot. and all the ideas alumni threw out there in his post are all good, i can't add that much to it.

5. crew battles like in the old days where you could challenge a crew was a good idea. nowadays, a smaller crew of newer players can't enter races without being owned over and over again by bigger, more veteran crews dominating in battles...

6. the money IS kinda ridiculous. but i don't think payout should be decreased and level costs increased. alumni, you obviously haven't been to the higher levels where it costs 100's of billions to level up... i mean, it's quite an obvious money trap, but if you're putting in the effort to race for all the exp to get up there, i think the higher levels should be much cheaper... i liked it better way back in the day when your level was determined on how much you raced, not the size of your wallet.

7. promotion... this can't be done by just 1-2 people, the entire community has gotta step in and spread the word. but this is to ray and cres, this won't happen until the game is changed in the community's favour...
yea i like all the ideas.......but i also think you should get xp also if you HI....yea you get money out of it....n also it will get new people who really dont know who to HI get the hang of it.....thats really my own suggestion.....Xp for HI
All good ideas, and I still have more. I was afraid no one would read it if there was too much text.

Anyways, changing the cost of level ups wasnt a necessary change, just a suggestion to the extreme nw problems. Even if level ups stay the same cost, it would still be logical to increase the price of parts to double, even triple what they are now.

Also, just to add to what notorius said, I agree that you should get exp for HI

My post says you should get exp for not just HI, but CJ and stealing cars as well. Bottom line, you should gain exp from all sorts of aspects in MC.

Another idea, lower the level cap. I have no idea why the levels go up to 55+, yet there are only 10 upgrades. Back in the day 20-30 meant you had a fast ass car
and chillin villin, i dont know if you used to play in the first few rounds, but all the ideas in this post came from me and my friend MafiaMan, who also plays.

In the first few rounds we came in top ten each once, and led top 10 crews a couple times. We were good, but never the elite

Our names were

SesameStreetRacer or
LoveMeHateMe or
RickyZ

my friend was
BoutoBeatU or
MafiaMan420
Skill Level: 54 EXP: 3,428,989 (100.00%)
If I want to level to 59 I gotta spend haha :eek:. No way I can make that much money w/o spending!

I like the rest of your ideas.
I dont know much about myspace, but I propose someone make a myspace page to promote MC. Its not much, but it'll expose it to the Myspace community, which I'm told is a lot of people
MC_Alumni Wrote:Here are a few ideas and resolutions that I think would benefit Midnitechallenge as a whole, in the community as well as from a business perspective. Anyhow, here goes

1. Bring back Accepting/declining races. This is what made MC what it is, giving an actual reason to build up your car, as well as to build sleepers. Back in the day, you could choose an amount to race for, as well as the option of pink slips, and challenge someone to race. Shortly after, that person would recieve a race invite showing the amount and whether or not its for slips. You could then accept or decline the persons challenge.

I think this should be brought back, but with limits to avoid misuse. Say that the game had the same setup with quickmatches and instant racing, but there was a new option to "Duel" or whatever. For 250 (or more) credits you can pick an amount, and a pink slip option and challenge an opposing player. That player of course, can either risk his car and accept, or play it safe and decline.

This brought a real competitive edge to MC. I remember back in the day, there were hundreds of people on, AT ALL TIMES. Racing for money and slips was what brought the main appeal to MC. A well played race could make or break you.
Overall, it feels like there is no real reason to build sleeper cars, or even to build fast cars at all.

2. My second idea is to change the EXP system. It should be set up that you gain the most exp by racing people in your close range. If you beat someone who way outranks you, whether it be legit or by default, you should gain a lot of exp. That being said, if you are way above someones range, it should be pointless to race them. People should be racing there level to gain the max amount of exp, instead of spamming people for guaranteed wins. I know that sounds like complaining, but really its just common sense. I have no problems with how MC operates, just suggestions.

3. More cars that have a purpose! Is it me, or are there only two cars in this game? (I think we all know what I'm talking about) Back in the early days, there were always certain cars that ran the game, but it would be nice to see different cars better at different things. For example, certain cars should have higher pimp factor than others, hands down. Others, should run the best 1/4 mile. Some should be better at street racing, and so on. This gives you a reason to buy multiple cars for different occasions. Motorcycles...?

4. Gaining Exp more ways than one. I think you should gain exp from many of the things you do on MC. For example, when you recruit someones models, or steal a car, you should gain exp. When you work and dont lose models, you should get exp. When you beat someone that has won most of their races, you should gain more exp than normal, and less for thos who have lost most of their races. If you advance in overall ranking (1st, 2nd, etc) you should also get exp. Ex. If your in 2nd, and end up taking 1st, exp reward.

5. Crew battles. I liked the crew battle set up in the old days, which was similar to the Accept/decline method above. Crews could challenge other crews, and they then had the choice to accept or decline. The random set up that is in place now is unbalanced. You have top crews racing the worst crews, and so on. If there isnt a challenge option, there should be "crew ranges" so that crews are racing the closest competition for them that there is

6. Why the hell do you make so much money? Back in the day, it was a great feat to hit 1 billion. Now, you wouldnt make top 25. What truly is the purpose in having so much money? With the cars and racing system it is, theres nothing to spend it all on. Whats more realistic, 100 million from racing and selling calendars, or 1 trillion. Unless there is a reason for it, I think its useless to have so much money. Overall, the parts, calendars and level ups should cost more, and you should make less. Dont worry, you'll still have millions and millions stacked up for a rainy day

7. Promote Promote Promote. This game is way underrated. Its sad to see that such few people play anymore, especially compared to how it was in the beginning. Add the pink slip and money races and I think a lot more people will be drawn in. After all, what it street racing all about? I hope that more and more people continue to join and play. MC is a great game, it just seems to have lost its way. Please hear our cries

Criticism is welcomed

heres my criticism on ur points

1. i completely agree with the accept and decline...i hate this spammin thing...i rather have the 4 min races back but you get way more exp for 1 race...but i say instead of 4 min races make it faster like 2 min races or sumtin...

about the racing for pinks and money...pinks i dont care if they do or not...as long as they ban it from the lower lvl IDEs like the did for boost...i dont care...but cash racing is bad...the only reason cash racing is bad is cuz vets used to use that to basically control the game...i was one of them that did it thats how i know...basically this is what happens...a bunch of vets plan who is going to win....that guys jumps up....and holds #1...and the rest of the guys basically HI anyone coming close to them...the jus keep hitting them...and what do u think they do with the money....yup...they race it to the guy they want to win...makin him go higher...and all that cash we actually burn now, goes to use...thats whats going to happen...the reason y i dont think they should have cash racing...that was the reason they took it away in the first place....

2. i completely agree with the exp system change... all that ever happens is who ever is in the top crew races for the first week...and just works because exp is so easy to get...they made it even easier now...before they adjusted the exp to who u race...now its like i get a lot from racing even the stock cars unlike before... i propose we change it back to the old ways when it was the bigger NW diff, the more exp u get...that way everyone has a fair chance. but i do agree with the fact that u should get exp from all aspects of the game...

3. the reason for all the cars is sometimes they change the fastest car.. every so often they will change it up...so its the goal of mc community to find which car is the fastest car. if they had less cars that means that there will be less option...but making it more realistic like version said is a good idea..

4. completely agree like i said before about gaining it from more aspects of the game...

5. to be honest im indifferent about the crew battles...only because the way they had it set up before was that they would make helper crews...so basically one crew would give the other crew wins all season...thats exactly whats going to happen if they change it back. so either way it dont matter to me...

6. im also indifferent about the money thing too...if they make less money than the levels and parts better become cheaper as well...all they did was make it more appealing to everyone.."wow i got to 100 bil." that looks a lot better than " wow i got to 1 mil" see my drift...no matter what the prices of everything are going to match how much you make. so to me that dont matter.

7. promoting is a good thing...but jus posting a myspace and all that...whats that going to do....people are just going to do what they do now...join up...cost ray money...and then quit because they do not know what the hell they are doing and when they ask for help from vets, most of the vets jus shit all over them...so whats the point...they play 1 day and quit...thats jus wasting money for ray...what i propose is u need a trial game...a seperate area where only noobs go and play to learn the game...sort of like a tutorial...no medals can be won there...its jus a way for new people to learn the game...and i would jump on to help and im sure some other people will also...but i think thats the way we need to attract new people...is actually help out the other people that need it...instead of just thinking of ourselves and our medals..

thats just my thoughts...but alumni u do bring up some good ideas...thats just my thoughts about it....
LuDe Wrote:heres my criticism on ur points

about the racing for pinks and money...pinks i dont care if they do or not...as long as they ban it from the lower lvl IDEs like the did for boost...i dont care...but cash racing is bad...the only reason cash racing is bad is cuz vets used to use that to basically control the game...i was one of them that did it thats how i know...basically this is what happens...a bunch of vets plan who is going to win....that guys jumps up....and holds #1...and the rest of the guys basically HI anyone coming close to them...the jus keep hitting them...and what do u think they do with the money....yup...they race it to the guy they want to win...makin him go higher...and all that cash we actually burn now, goes to use...thats whats going to happen...the reason y i dont think they should have cash racing...that was the reason they took it away in the first place....

5. to be honest im indifferent about the crew battles...only because the way they had it set up before was that they would make helper crews...so basically one crew would give the other crew wins all season...thats exactly whats going to happen if they change it back. so either way it dont matter to me...

7. promoting is a good thing...but jus posting a myspace and all that...whats that going to do....people are just going to do what they do now...join up...cost ray money...and then quit because they do not know what the hell they are doing and when they ask for help from vets, most of the vets jus shit all over them...so whats the point...they play 1 day and quit...thats jus wasting money for ray...what i propose is u need a trial game...a seperate area where only noobs go and play to learn the game...sort of like a tutorial...no medals can be won there...its jus a way for new people to learn the game...and i would jump on to help and im sure some other people will also...but i think thats the way we need to attract new people...is actually help out the other people that need it...instead of just thinking of ourselves and our medals..

thats just my thoughts...but alumni u do bring up some good ideas...thats just my thoughts about it....

As for a few of your concerns, I proposed a Regular and Gold version, like back in the day. The regular could be a trial type version, and Gold well, you catch my drift.

Anyway as for your first concern about money races, I suggested only having money races in the trial or "regular" version. Like you said, no medals, and no prizes for regular. Top prizes for reg should be in game rewards, such as credits, or temp memberships. This combined with high credit cost for money races (think 250-500) and I think it wouldnt be abused.

I see your point about the crews, and totally agree. As a person who led a number 3 crew in the past, I know how it used to work. Thats why I suggested a crew range, which would completely balance it out. That way, crews are only racing other crews around there average level. The way its set up now is there is one crew that completely dominates, so why should they get the added benefit of racing 14 second crews?

I think that more than just the top crew should recieve benefits as well, but perhaps im alone on that one.

As for promoting, I always try to help new players. I also think that more than ever, players are willing to help new people out, which is a huge change from the early days. Myspace was just a thought, but its not the advertising thats gonna turn MC around.

Perhaps a new referral system, nothing dramatic, but maybe 500-1000 credits per player that stays playing a designated amount of time

Maybe memberships or other in game bonuses for people who can recruit multiple new players, or maybe just to the top recruiters of new players. There are endless possibilities and oppurtunities in MC. We simply have to get the word out
Please correct me if Ive been mislead, but is there really no way to tune your reliability up for your crew car, other than completely rebuilding your whole car? I got stuck rebuilding a car at a huge cost to our crew NW, and Im told this is the only way to get your crew cars reliability back up

If this is the case, then this defenitely needs adjusted. You should be able to auto clinic your crew car, even if it costs loads of crew bankroll to do it. Id rather spend 2 mil to auto clinic my car, then spend 2 mil rebuilding it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8