Midnite Challenge Forums

Full Version: What do you all think of this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was talking to a bunch of players and Matt /Unbeatable came up with this... I think it has merit of getting more people online. This alone has the side effect of making MC more fun to play.

Here tis, on online racing ONLY..... Increase the experience for a loss to 33% of what the winner gets. So 3 losses = 1 win for exp, but ONLY for ONLINE, not Quick Match.

This will make it so people that get "spammed" actually get some exp for it versus the 5%(?) they currently get.

The reasoning behind this is to get more people ONLINE and encourage them to play. Secondary reason is that even in a real race, even though you lost, you gained something from it. IE Car setup, weight bias, clutch setting, gear ratio correction, instant center, you get the general idea.

As it is people hate being raced cause they get just about nothing for it if they lose. In the real world you gain knowledge from a loss.
yeah thts better if you get a bit more for a lose, or no i will end up staying in there cars while off line so wht fun will tht be if you get to race to maybe 20 people online??
fast_fry Wrote:yeah thts better if you get a bit more for a lose, or no i will end up staying in there cars while off line so wht fun will tht be if you get to race to maybe 20 people online??

I'm trying to follow your logic but i got sideswiped after "or no". Could you clarify what you mean? This isn't a test and there's not necessarily a right or a wrong. I/we really need your opinions here on this issue.

I don't think its a game changing difference, but it could make a good bit of difference in a newer/lower NW players level just by the fact of him staying online a long time. People do learn form their losses/mistakes.
I think it's a great Idea!!! I never liked spamming others, but to get up in lvl with only 10 or more people online, there is no other way. This way we can all benefit from every race somehow.!! Great work Mike and Matt!!!!
i mean on 1 will will stay in there cars when they log out, they will sell them and you will only get to race the people that are online racing, i havent playd this game in over 6 years and when i was there wasnt HI that i can remember and there were pinks and cash races. those were all good, you no like mre real life. as in real life you an your mate mite have a $20 bet on say 5km of road, js to see who cn get there 1st.
and yes i do think lower networth player shud get mre xp wen they lose races or get spamed, its not fun wen you start and you keep losing all your imports after the 1st lot off spamd races come thru. and when you see you only made 34xp from them its nt realy worth it lol. so i do agree with the extra xp from losing races. itl make slower people a bit faster to level up which will in the end hopefully mean they will upgrade an have quicker time, closer racing!!:redface:
Dyna Wrote:Here tis, on online racing ONLY..... Increase the experience for a loss to 33% of what the winner gets. So 3 losses = 1 win for exp, but ONLY for ONLINE, not Quick Match.

So if you lose 3 times you basically get 1 win of exp. ONLY if your online though.

I think that's a great idea. Maybe this will lessen the amount of PM's I get swearing at me to stop spamming them.
sounds good to me
HeartBeatStoper Wrote:sounds good to me

How about 20% exp

Thats seems better and more realistic. So then 5 losses =1 win

As it is I think its like 5% for a loss

It accomplishes the same thing, its just more realistic IMO...
While I don't play very much...

I think this is an idea that actually has some promise Mike. Put your weight behind it, it'll be for the best.
sounds good.

also i am glad the both of you have squashed what you had, and have come up with this. very good for the MC community.

WTG mike and matt
Pages: 1 2