Midnite Challenge Forums

Full Version: Ide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so ive been talkin to jeremy bout this IDE situation...well not about vets going for it but about who holds the top spot...as most of u know, IDE is based on who hits the time first...since there is a cap on the fastest time, its basically a race to hit the times...who ever hits them first basically wins...to me that isnt fair...so this is what i suggest...

1) instead of IDE being based on who hits the time first, it should be based on ur 1320 (final time) + ur r/t

this way even if u hit the time, u can still be beat if ur r/t is slower than the person before...this is basically a race, and jus like in a race, u can lose by r/t...this will increase the competition and hopefully make more people actually try...

2) also i suggest that u are voided from IDE if u are at 100% for 1-20 and 21-30 IDE..

this basically gives people in top crews the option.. risk getting kicked from their top crew and go for IDE, or just go for IDE...

these are just my thoughts...lemme know what u think
so if you are not level 30 and 100% you can not go for the medal?
up until i ran setups for black no1 was hitting perfect times for ide level 30. i think if ther was to be alterations to parts and cars more often ( i know this is a hell of alot of work an tedious work at that) but it would keep the competition fresh.
i agree with the first part that way you are never save and makes it interesting and i don't know if you need the second part because if you have a tie breaking system they will waste a bunch of credits just trying to make sure their times don't get beat but both ideas a great, also i would like to see them change the parts list more often even though it is hard work mostly part of the IDE medal is able to find the correct parts and i think its stupid when people already have the parts list maybe we should make the parts harder to find like have a few parts with all the same power and or handling so you have to make a few cars and maybe we should keep the part list to yourselves so it like boosting and HIing learn on your own
1 ide.
I disagree on the 100% Bryce, as even newbs are sitting at 100% level 20 by the end when they're trying to get it.
rom3o™ Wrote:1 ide.

i agree with this too, but ray wants the lower lvl IDE's because he wants to be able to allow noobs to get medals...but its not fair that all the vets keep taking it...
Vic - the level 20 IDE is meant for noobs anyway so that souldnt matter if they stay there or not, its the vets that are ruining it for them.

1.TO stay OUT of 100% it wil require you to NOT race anymore. which then take you out of a top crew spot, unless they will deal with your crappy CM count.

2. 1 IDE makes way more sense to me, but then that leaves little chance for noobs to take it, not everyone can spend to reach the levels required to be on top of IDE

3. R/T + your 1320 formula is a good idea and FAIR for everyone, in cases, the first to level 30 and 25$ will ensure your IDE win. FIRST to post cap times = WIN. it doesnt come down to tuning when it should.

if you read the last few lines of the IDE page, it states..

Based on one run, if your time truly is fast enough, you will be placed in the Top 10 Hall of Fame where all will bow down to these true MC top tuners.

TUNERS being the keyword. Posting your times FIRST does NOT make you the best tuner.
o_O_MIDORI_O_o Wrote:TUNERS being the keyword. Posting your times FIRST does NOT make you the best tuner.

i cant agree more
I don't think encouraging noobs to stop racing before they hit 100% on level 20 is a good idea..

That's all.
1 ide.

i think there should be some randomize factors in the algorithm.

or lets get some awesome flash plugin which requires human interaction. lol