Midnite Challenge Forums

Full Version: help newbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
something needs to be implemented to make this game more newb friendly, for example my little brother made an account, doesn't know anything about the game and gets spammed the minute he buys a car, this is hardly fair, I think there should be some kind of grace period for new users so that they can't be raced only they can click whoever they want to race.

I believe this would drive a lot of new users away because as soon as they come on bam their win/loss is gone and they will instantly get bored of it if they are constantly losing.
agree...even if you start a day or so late your screwed,your models get raced away as fast as you can cruise for them...
Hrrrrm ... not a bad idea ... lets work on it a bit tho ..

what would you count as a grace period ?? time wise ...

and how would we make it better then them ... not just have them only being able to race whom they want ..but maybe a NW limit on when you pass that you can get raced ... a few mill maybe ?
Yeah a NW cap sounds nice, once they have reached that cap I think they should at least the basics of the game down.

Time periods could get messy if they havn't logged in for a few days and still get spammed.
maybe calculate how much level One,Two,Three,Four and Five cost..which is about $500,000? + the person has to build a car ... so id say once there past level 5? they should be ok to go? So $1,000,000 nw cap before ur allowed to be raced? that would work at start of every round because...if u want to race good..you have to have the tactic of waiting before going above 1mill so you still have people to race....it would bring money in for CI i think for people spending at start to get outa 1mill nw then having less creds to race..Wink
crazyfrog555 Wrote:maybe calculate how much level One,Two,Three,Four and Five cost..which is about $500,000? + the person has to build a car ... so id say once there past level 5? they should be ok to go? So $1,000,000 nw cap before ur allowed to be raced? that would work at start of every round because...if u want to race good..you have to have the tactic of waiting before going above 1mill so you still have people to race....it would bring money in for CI i think for people spending at start to get outa 1mill nw then having less creds to race..Wink

actually i think it would do the complete opposite they will sit under at lvl 5 and under 1 mill just so they cant get spammed and they wouldnt have to spend a dime. As for price of building a car u can build a complete car with the money givin at the start.A start quide would fix all this as i and others been saying for a while. A play guide is fine but... a guide that goes into some kind of detail for beginners would be better,Even if it is just that A START GUIDE.
it wouldnt hurt if the vets took it upon themselves and didnt spam guys at 50k networth and recent start up dates
username74o Wrote:it wouldnt hurt if the vets took it upon themselves and didnt spam guys at 50k networth and recent start up dates

Then they couldnt win all the super cool prizes for top crew though.
I think adding a "race ready" like the crew cars would suffice. They'd have to make it obvious to newcomers that their cars aren't race ready as well.

Another thing they need to do is stop making losing pay such shit experience and stop basing everything on w/l ratio.

In topshift it can actually be beneficial to take some losses they're cheap because you aren't spending creds on them, you still get about 60-70% the experience the winner will get and your win loss is irrelevant there.

This would be FAR more helpful to new players than stopping vets from spamming them.

To be honest I race everyone on the list unless they specifically ask me to stop, which if they do that nicely I do the best I can to avoid them from that point forward. But when the race is on for experience I have neither the time nor the inclination to ask myself "is this guy a new player?" before clicking race...
I never really understood the reason why w/l ratio played such a big role in the game...maybe go with the idea that was mentioned earlier...You can not be raced offline until you reach level 5...NW does not matter...and if you want to be raced offline and are under level 5 you have to have quick match enabled....

The biggest difference that i have seen and what made it hard for me when coming back was the new EXP system. NO TRUE online races. and the EXP is slow...I mean seriously SLOW....I race someone and only get 19 points...That should be changed...
Pages: 1 2