Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golf GTI vs. Impreza, Advice.

I am ready to make my move and purchase my next vehicle.

I've been looking for a used car in the >$15,000 category with a few thousand miles on it as expected. I ALMOST purchased a 1997 Toyota T100 v-6 supercharged 4wd, MINT condition, but I just decided to stay with my current truck and just purchase a little daily driver with some comfort to it. As I plan on attending college in the fall I'd need this comfort/reliability.

I do snowboard quite often and have tried skiing and other such activites. I have seen many golfs/gti's as well as impreza's/sti's in the hills.

I do not wish to purchase an STI nor an R32 considering I DO have a heavy foot and I WILL get into trouble. Also I am looking for something rather decent on gas with a bit of zip to it. I summed up all the things I need and why I would need it and It came down to these two vehicles.

First off was the Golf. I love the looks, I love the style, I've read nothing but great comments on the car, reliable, strong, awesome car.

There is the vr6 and the 1.8T trims for the GTI. As far as I've read the vr6 is a great strong motor with plenty of oomph to it as well as the 1.8T. The 1.8T is cheaper in price then the vr6 and a lot lighter as well as delivers better mpg then the vr6. The 1.8T is also easier to modify then the vr6 and with a mere $500 in parts can be modified to surpass the performance of a vr6.

The Golf GTI:
1.8T(or vr6)
Turbo(or n/a w/vr6)
FWD
3-door.

Gas mileage (c/h)
1.8t - 23/31
vr6 - 19/26

Second, The Impreza. Awesome little car with massive potential. I've test driven an '04, '05, '06 STI and all it screams is trouble, but nice nonetheless.

I've eliminated the thought of even considering one just for those factors alone on top of the $25k+ price tags (if they were >$20k I'd be all over it.)

I am looking at the base impreza's with the 2.0T motors. Plenty of zip comfortable, everythign I'd need without sacrificing key features. I can't find a reason why NOT to choose this car, just that I know nothing of them.

Also, with a few hundred bucks here and there they could be modified to be a fast little squirt, but I'm trying to avoid that, but NOT totally. I'm still young and foolish.

The Impreza:
2.0T
Turbo
AWD
4-doors.

Gas Mileage: (c/h)
20/27

I personally think that the GTI is by far the better car, BUT it is not available as a 4-door GTI (it is availabe as a 1.8t 4-door Golf, personal taste, dont ask) and it's also not available as awd.

The impreza by far impresses me with its key features that I look for without sacrificing too much into the gas mileage category. The awd is KEY when it comes to the fact that I do go up to the hills quite often and I would hate to be slipping in a fwd.

The question is basically simple. What is your personal intake on this topic? I would like to know anything that you have to say in regards to these two vehicles or something similar that I could look forward to. Just please keep it on topic.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

-Nemesio.
He who wants it all, wont. He who gets it all, wont. He who works for it, will. - Nemesio

imprezza..

cuz..

3 doors < 4 doors

Big Grin
[Image: steamby4.th.gif]

Look for an Outback or Forester with a roof rack, for your skis/snowboard. However, stay away from the 2.5L from 97-02(IIRC these are the years to avoid that engine) as it's prone to engine problems. However, gas mileage will suffer due to the AWD system.
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

a buddy of mine is sellin this for 18k well worth the money.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2158530
[Image: bufu.gif]

Didnt you preorder a prius?
All I need is One Mic.

JDMAccord02 Wrote:Didnt you preorder a prius?

I did, but I backed out.

Chances are I would've shot myself If I had it, not really, but probably. 45mpg+ but NO zip to it at all, keep the 45mpg. I'll settle for 25ish mpg with balls.
He who wants it all, wont. He who gets it all, wont. He who works for it, will. - Nemesio

You can buy my Chevelle. Big Grin
Click the link in my sig to hear it fire up.
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon