Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salvage title?

Ok, im going to look at this 1998 Ford Contour SVT with 89k original miles. The only thing is, is that is has a salvage title from a previous wreck. He said the passenger door was hit and so the previous owner totaled it out and took the insurance money from it. He bought it from an auction and fixed it up at his body shop and is selling for 4200$. I ended talking him down to 3300$ last week and then i said it was going to be a hassle to make it out to look at it (cuz its 2 hrs away) could he sell for 3000$. He said hed get back to me in the morning and let me know. Ive seen the stuff that this guys shop fixes and its quality work. But is there a way to get a rebuilt/ salvage title turned into a clean title? Im going to car fax it and find out what exactly happened, as soon as i get the 24$ to do so. Any input would be nice, thanks a lot
Connor: Now Roc... are you sure that you're obee-kaybee?

I do not really think there is unless you title it in another state and they mess up and give you a clean title, but then it still has the carfax history and other things.

Get some pictures of the car. I really like the CSVT's.

[Image: svt1hd4.th.jpg]

[Image: svt2rr3.th.jpg]

[Image: svt3hy1.th.jpg]

[Image: pict0085cj8.th.jpg]

These are pretty much all of em, besides 2 more of the interior. It looks great. Save these on your comp and look at em through something other than a browser.

[Image: svt4ca2.th.jpg]

Heres one of the interior

well, its a rebuilt title, meaning it has been inspected by the state and cleared as a safe/ driveable vehicle. Still think its a bad idea?

if a car has been in a accident why buy it. it obsdoult has been in some serious fdamge if its taht cheap... as rayymon has said its got more damge down in teh roa dthen it does now... you ronly gonan face provlems in teh future if not now;... i suggest to ekepiong looking for a car taht has no damage hsitory has bad as this.. you can always cover up the accident worse then it was

That was the most painful post I've ever tried to read in my life (no offense Seth). You started out good at least. Smile
Miss Kelly

Well i carfaxed it and found out why the title was turned to salvage. The owner had side swiped a mailbox and collected insurance because it was only plpd. The guy who is selling it i guess deals with the Dealerships and take salvage vehicles and repairs them and sells em cheap i suppose. Im going to check it out tomorrow. Ill let you know about it.

I'd take it to a mechanic and have them go over it(should cost around $100 to do so and take a good half hour or longer). Another thing is, it's a Contour, not really known to be a good car even in the lower trims.
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

aThat seems to me that you guys ALL had bad experience with salvage cars. I personally know 2 people whos parents do the salvage rebuilds and sell them with a rebuilt title. I know they do good work and i couldnt possibly say that all salvage title cars are shit welded together. IM going to look at it tomorrow, also look at a 91' Talon tsi. Talon has 116k miles on it and the contour has 89k. Svt is 3000$ and the talon is clean and hes askin 2600$. Not sure what i buy ill let you know how they look.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon