Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i need some help from someone who knows about comps

ok my comp is Dell i know its a piece of shit but yea my parents bought it so i aint bitchin, but i have been trying to play call of duty 1 and 2 for the computer but my graphics chip isnt good enough and i dont have the money nor the knowledge to install one, so is there a website or anything that i can go to and download one?
stock_honda

You can't "download" a better video card, memory or "chips" for your laptop.

You'll have to upgrade the video card itself, add more ram to the video card (if its upgradable) or add physical ram (memory) for the laptop.

Most likely its a combination of the 2 that need to be upgraded... or if you don't mind poored graphics and/or sound quality, i'm sure in the game settings, you can lower the screen resolution and sound fx quality to speed up the game.

:catfight:

ohhh i dont have a laptop its a desk pc. and it doesnt even open up the game at all says there is and error with my graphics or something like that i cant remember the exact words
stock_honda

most likely you have a nvidia graphics card, youll need to go to nvidia.com and download the new drivers. Go to the site and click download drivers and then youll have to figure out which card you have then download the new drivers for it. Ill repost when i figure out how to find yer video card while drunk. 1 sec
Connor: Now Roc... are you sure that you're obee-kaybee?

sorry for double posting but youll need to go to my computer and on the left where it says system tasks click "view system information" and it should say which video card you have.

im sorry but i am pretty much computer retarded when it comes to things of this naturei have found out what your talking about but i cant seem to find out what video driver it says i have
stock_honda

well, heres the hard version on finding out your video card. Right click the desktop and click on NVIDIA Control Panel. After doing so, on the left click "Run optimization Wizard." Then when the screen loads click next, then after that there should be a white box that says which video card you are using and gives you the option of clickin that box. You do not need to click it, just write down which card it is then click cancel. After that proceed with going to http://www.nvidia.com and downloading the necessary drivers and such. I didnt get your last PM cuz my inbox was full, so if i didnt now clear anything up for you just PM me again.

or you could just go to start menu, control panel, system. Then click the link on there for hardware. Then go to drivers, then go to update drivers.

Long story short. Cheap Dell = integrated graphics card. That can be a bit tricky when upgrading graphics cards, you'd have a lot more luck just getting a new computer. You could pick one up for about $300 - $400 that could handle those games (minus operating system).
Miss Kelly

Thanks for the good laugh about the "Can I download a new graphics card?"

That was funny!

But yeah, you need to find out what your graphics card is before you do anything.

Once you find out what kind that is you can figure out if you can actually plays those games or not.

If you cant and want to upgrade Id suggest calling up Dell or a computer guru place and just get it done for you, just becuase if you dont have any knowledge you would prob struggle, although there are some sites Im sure that could provide a good tutorial on how you could.

Maybe Best Buys Geek Squad cold do somethignf or you... That woudl help you out....

If you need any more help hit me up in a PM and I can try my best
Wanna test your knowledge, skills, and wits to win prizes? Check out the contest prize forum!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon