Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New halo 3 maps coming soon!

Wait, They Don’t Lub U Like I Lub U

Maps coming in the nearish future have long since taken shape and are starting to have neat polish items show up, things like decorators, sharper textures and high res lightmaps are gracing us with their presence. Also, weapons, power-ups and equipment are nearing their final (pre-Community Forged) resting places.

While I was running around O.K. Corral, Frankie and Robt McLees’ conversation ground to a halt when they looked at my monitor. They remarked that what I was playing looked like an area from Campaign. O.K. Corral reminds me a little bit of Seattle, actually. Not necessarily aesthetically – it’s not full of Emerald and Traffic – but thematically. O.K. Corral is a bit of an intersection between technology and nature. A dilapidated building that resembles an observatory (primarily because of the just-added God Rays streaming through a broken skylight) is at map’s center. This small, multi-level structure has a variety of ways in and out and connects to both bases on this small-to-medium sized asymmetrical map. O.K. Corral takes place in a small canyon so one side of the map features flora and the other side has the architectural failures of humanity.

There’s a pretty broad variety of lighting on O.K. Corral, from the aforementioned God Rays to dark tunnels, nooks and crevices where much of the illumination comes from the lights on Spartan armor.

With a bunch of elevated firing platforms, choke points and multiple ways in and out of the respective bases, O.K. Corral will be ideal for Team Slayer, Oddball and Capture the Flag variations.

Purple Reign, another map, coming in the foreseeable future, isn’t asymmetrical at all. It’s a brand new, small, arena style map that we hope some of our more competitive-focused players will enjoy.

It is chock full of weapons suited for mid-to-long range combat and there are long sight lines across the map from both of the somewhat enclosed bases. The bases themselves have one way windows on the second level – much like the windows in a police interrogation room. From inside a base you can see out, but from outside of the base your view is obstructed.

There are elevated walkways connecting the bases to a two-level structure at the center of the map. These connecting walkways are too tall to jump to from the floor but there are a bunch of small columns dotting the floor plan that you can jump on and then easily hop up to the walkway for a better vantage point or to grab a rifle from the walkways.

Frank talked about the third map in the last Weekly Update before his Holiday in Jersey, in case you missed it because you were out shopping, here’s what he wrote: “But I can also guarantee that my all-time favorite ever Halo map will be included too, if yesterday’s playtest was anything to go by. A large map with some vaguely familiar features just rocked my world. It was AMAZING fun. Any time I am in an hour long standoff against an equally matched team and it never becomes frustrating, is evidence enough for me that we are onto something special.”

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?...&cid=13135

There is the site if you want to read more on the bungie updates.
OIF Veteran

Born To Kill

SS_Goku

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New halo 3 maps coming soon! poter 0 1,722 10-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Last Post: poter
  Halo 3 Officer_Cartman 29 8,098 12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Last Post: HONDAJR7541
  halo wars D1STURB3D 2 1,844 11-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Kelly087
  Halo 3 Kelly087 1 1,399 10-01-2007, 07:58 AM