Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay someone explain something to me please?

I don't understand MC and the mindset I really don't. Every session I see a crew or two that wants to go for top people talk, they make plans, then poof everyone disappears.

It seems like there are a set of racers everyone wants and if it doesn't work out people just give up?

Maybe it's because I come from Topshift where teams and how you win are different? Maybe it's because I don't fully understand the crew dynamic and things like why crew cars are detuned and stuff like that? Is it the 2x experience? That doesn't make any sense because no one even challenged us for that this session =/

But I just don't get it.

Can anyone explain this? Now I understand the crew I'm sitting in has some pretty long running vets, they know the game, they know the cars and I still feel a little weird being accepted let alone requested in a crew like this one but I can't believe that no one wants to try because the crew is just too good, there are too many other good players out there not to give any competition.

Or is it just that everyone is just waiting their turn to get the blue thumb instead of fighting to get it? Someone enlighten me?

This isn't a slight against anyone, not the crews that win, because in the last three sessions my crew mates have raced and worked very hard, they haven't slacked because they weren't pushed (although cjw did push in that first session) so I didn't mean they were easy wins, I just don't get why second is always so far back?

this all basicly started when the extra exp for first place started...all its takes is one person to spend a lil bit and you are basicly garenteed a top crew win. Which in my eyes is pointless as a player to try to up against... as an owner its a money thing but doesnt seem to work the way they exspected.
DON'T THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT, THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT BY A GIRL!!!!

What she said sounds about right..

Noone wants to win bad enough..

I think cjw's crew was the only one that kept going, even being the underdogs..

he didn't have crew wins, or hard spenders, meaning he didn't have double EXP all round, but he still kept going..

props to him, we need more cjw's!!

Victory Lanes first round we didnt have bonus exp or big spenders. also Winner circle did it atleast once. i think they did it twice though. it just takes way to much time and effort to overcome. so instead of racing/working to catch up they get down on themselves and start to HI the people in the #1 crew to make themselves feel better lol
DON'T THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT, THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT BY A FAT DUDE!!!!

yeah, when i ran 3 times i had no spenders, we were always behind but after loosing 3 times I got over it extremely quickly, i think its almost easy to say you need spenders to win top crew. I had my whole crew on the top cms but if you dont get the lvl's quick enough and get the crew wins and get ur sponsor rating there no chasing down 1st unless you spend ALOT.

I think medals are pointless now. Almost every medal now is doable without trying. Since noone is competing all you have to do is wait for your turn. And since it went from 30 day sessions to 12 day sessions you can get more medals quicker.
I'm top crew material....I CAN SPAM RACES!!!!
:3gears:

IGN: B_I_G_B_A_N_G

id rather spend my money on something to show for it then spend it on an icon... just the way i think. pointless to sit here and race my ass off against a credit card.
DON'T THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT, THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT BY A GIRL!!!!

3-4 man crews
online cms only

gg brah.

Okay, so what about revisiting my idea about using top crews as the decider and adding exp bonuses to 2nd and 3rd?

That way you don't have as much of a disadvantage and people would try harder in my opinion because they wouldn't always be on the outside looking in. The experience bonus isn't the end of the world btw, when I joined Victory Lane I had already caught most of them by myself without the bonus, granted it took longer with a lot more races won but it's doable.

If they move the exp bonus to top 3 teams it still promotes spending, but it also promotes the teams working together, leveling, working and getting the crew cars into the races sooner and staying in longer.

1st place crew gets 2x
2nd place crew gets 1.75x
3rd place crew gets 1.5x

That way even the crews that are 4th and down are still within range of keeping up with 3rd, giving them an incentive to race hard as well the mindset would become, if we can catch 3rd then 2nd doesn't have as big an advantage... etc. Since Crew placement is based on CBR it still promotes spending, so the company wins as well.

PANDAhumpnMONKEY Wrote:I think cjw's crew was the only one that kept going, even being the underdogs..

he didn't have crew wins, or hard spenders, meaning he didn't have double EXP all round, but he still kept going..

props to him, we need more cjw's!!

Couldn't agree more with this statement, his crew showed a lot of guts and should be respected for that.

calder12 Wrote:1st place crew gets 2x
2nd place crew gets 1.75x
3rd place crew gets 1.5x

That way even the crews that are 4th and down are still within range of keeping up with 3rd, giving them an incentive to race hard as well the mindset would become, if we can catch 3rd then 2nd doesn't have as big an advantage... etc. Since Crew placement is based on CBR it still promotes spending, so the company wins as well.

Thing is giving 2nd and 3rd place crews EXP boosts...theres only ever usually 2 crews that run top...and then a few people that try to get 3rd or top 5...you will probly just get a HI'ers crew just jump to 3rd crew...and use the exp boost to get to better levels for HI'ing.
[Image: 53369.png]

I am teh Fail Frcg Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone explain "Keen"??? Victorious 13 2,840 04-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: TheJMan
  Can someone please explain my 2nd place in WWIII?????????? OneHotBitch 45 8,383 03-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Last Post: eRazorzEDGE

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon