Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxster question

I was using a 928GTS and everyone around me seems to have Boxster S's, so I figured id give it a try. Some people are pulling times in the mid 9 seconds with this car, however I just got mine and tunes it and its pulling just barely under 10.3 best. My 928 was doing this, I expected much better from the Boxster. Any suggestions with what I'm doing wrong? I purchased as high of weight reduction, port n polish and NO upgrades as my level allowed, and followed the recommended specs from the forum

Perhaps other racers have a higher skill level and therefore they run a faster time than you! Other than that though, make sure you also go Test 'N Tune your Boxster S after you've added all the mods!

most people use the Boxer S because of its "insain" pimp factor when all the parts are installed.
but they are also quite fast.

It should out Tune your 928GTS , but then it comes down to level.
Race until you are a higher level ..then get the Boxer S and add only weight Reg until you have lvl 10 of it.then TNT and have a look how fast she runs.

Atm you 928GTS will prbly be running faster becasue you are running more power for it, this will be becasue your lvl is not high enough to get lvl 10 Weight reg.

PM me in game if you need help and ill fill you in more about it.

Black__Metal is my in game name
Black__Metal

by the way a quick tip from me to you,
do not purchase the port and polish, nitrous, or boost upgrades. None of them affect your race time they just waste fuel and nos so are basically useless. Weight reduction is the only one needed. enjoy.
Contract_Killers

Hitman666 Wrote:by the way a quick tip from me to you,
do not purchase the port and polish, nitrous, or boost upgrades. None of them affect your race time they just waste fuel and nos so are basically useless. Weight reduction is the only one needed. enjoy.

I heard port n polish helps a lot. As for nitrous and boost upgrades, do they make a difference at higher levels? My 911 is currently my fastest running car, with the skyline behind it (I was surprised I expected the more expensive and higher lvl skyline to beat it). Then the Boxster S then 928GTS. I started on the 911 with just weight redo and PnP, got em to full, then I added on mods and it got faster. So, howcome people say modding does not help? I definitely think it did

nope it doesnt lol boost and nos upgrades waste fuel you will go through 50,000 a night with full upgrades of those. port and polish i thought helped but it doesnt i tested it last round and it does nothing
Contract_Killers

Hitman666 Wrote:nope it doesnt lol boost and nos upgrades waste fuel you will go through 50,000 a night with full upgrades of those. port and polish i thought helped but it doesnt i tested it last round and it does nothing

What about normal upgrades .. engine work, suspension, etc

yes those help both power rating and driver handling, driver handling effects your r/t and power rating obviously for faster timing.
Contract_Killers

I'm at 30 lvl

Vehicle: Porsche Boxster S
Color: Midnite Blue Metallic
Current Value: $2,337,040
Reliability: 100.00%

Power Rating: 608 (100.00%)
Handling Rating: 863
Security Stage: 10

Best ET: [email protected]

Cars with only max weight aren't the fastest Tongue. If you want real fast car always buy :
a)engine
-exhaust
-testpipe
-turbo(if you can buy it for that car) - some cars are faster with it and some slower(for example Supra go slower with turbo)
b)suspension
-all of parts which give you most hanlding rating(if you don't know correct parts you have to buy one by one and check HR everytime ;P)
c)exterior
-aero kit
-hood
-spoiler
-mirrors
-fenders
d)upgrades
-of course max weight
-I don't know that max P&P gives better time or not,but I always buy it
-same with turbo - I don't know is it good to max upgrade it Tongue

Of course some cars don't have some parts ;]
If you want Boxter "fast parts" PM me in the game

see i bought a boxster s and it runs alot slower than my porsche 911 and i paid less and the skill level is only an 8 required and my 911 is running a consitant [email protected] shouldnt the boxster be faster for the $ u pay for it ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buick GNX and Porsche 911 question e30bimmer89 5 3,183 12-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Last Post: oral69
  Best Porsche Boxster S Setup Symbiote_Racing 16 6,641 12-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Last Post: zeropsi

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon