Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why....

Yeah you make valid points about the experience per race.

As to the max levels, I think the issue honestly is to promote spending. Now I don't say that in a bad way, this is after all a business and whether you or anyone else finds it stupid to spend money people do. Without anything that requires spending to strive for there is going to be a shortage of funds and eventually no game free or other wise. I personally believe that is the main reason the higher levels take so long to get to. It also does show some commitment if not skill.

You have to remember most of my CI background is in TS, where exp was always lower than MC until recently. So I tend to forget about the 20 level races from one high nw guy lol.

I don't know what the exact solution is, but it seems the majority of the racers prefer it the way it is now, those that don't such as yourself resort to stealing which you said yourself you enjoy, so maybe this is the happy medium?

The game needs racers and workers, but it's no fun without hitters too Wink

Honestly, I dont think which type of racing we use will effect the time we spend at the computer. If someone wants to spend 5 hours racing straight, they'll do it anyway. This applies for top crews. The workload wont change. But I know myself and a few others would race more if it reverted to the true mc...

But at least with a race every four mins its an even playing field. Ya dont have people racing twice as fast as others simply because they have a faster internet connection etc...
And personally for me it adds a degree of variation to the now boring as fuck racing experience. A race every for minutes promotes chatting on msn and through crews, pms and even with the person who is taking your losses. Which lets face it, is why we play these games. We want to prove ourselves, make friends, help friends and in turn be helped by friends.

Also a main thing i wanted to air is why doesnt networth affect experienced gained anymore? I thought it was kinda fun seeing people jump to rape networth. Kinda seemed like a feature that benefited both player and game owners.
By that I mean YOUR net not the person you are racing.

PS this is by no means ordered or thought out its just whats coming into my head going straight onto the screen lol
Orgasm Donor

the way i've found best to do racing quickly an easily is to use tabs.. not like crazyfrog says opening 25-50 at a time, as it DOES slow ur pc down (that's how i started racing)

but..

I use the middle mouse click and click the "Race" button on List Drivers page, switch tabs, race the person, middle click the tab, closes it, then move to the next driver. I rarely get the "You must wait 5 seconds to race" message, it's the most conveniant way of racing i've found so far..

Yea when I did race I just hit List drivers, then hit back twice real quick and continued. Im lucky enough to have a fast connection, so the easiest method for me was to literally race every person in their car until 5 mins was up...then start again.....yay

anyways, Itd be nice to see some sort of monumental change, but honestly I dont think that either methods work better than the other. If anything, they are pretty even.
My biggest problem is that racing is boring, and Ive brought up many times that it would be nice to bring back pink races. Since the average nw has changed dramtically, someone could fill their garage with the most expensive cars possible, sell them all, and barely make a nudge on ranking...

The point would just be for fun rather than max nw, I for one loved getting challenged to slips races, as much as I loved challenging people for them.

2ndly, I dont really care for the level system. I think that if there are going to be an literal "infinite" amount of levels, than the upgrades should be more spread out. You get the majority of them by level 30, so what is the point in having levels that go to 100+?

I think that the upgrades should be more evenly distributed within the ranks, or that the ranks should be cut down in number. Also, as the ranking system stands now, there should be another IDE added that is 41+ or 51+.

Perhaps my least favorite aspect that has been changed since the old days, is that none of the high level cars are any good. Its a Mclaren F1 for christs sake, its 15,000,000 right off the bat. It seemed back in the day there were better cars for people who worked there way up in rank
:ok:

Confusedpam:... Its what's for dinner.

IGN: TheCheater

Calder Sucks

He_Hate_Me Wrote:Yea when I did race I just hit List drivers, then hit back twice real quick and continued. Im lucky enough to have a fast connection, so the easiest method for me was to literally race every person in their car until 5 mins was up...then start again.....yay

anyways, Itd be nice to see some sort of monumental change, but honestly I dont think that either methods work better than the other. If anything, they are pretty even.
My biggest problem is that racing is boring, and Ive brought up many times that it would be nice to bring back pink races. Since the average nw has changed dramtically, someone could fill their garage with the most expensive cars possible, sell them all, and barely make a nudge on ranking...

The point would just be for fun rather than max nw, I for one loved getting challenged to slips races, as much as I loved challenging people for them.

2ndly, I dont really care for the level system. I think that if there are going to be an literal "infinite" amount of levels, than the upgrades should be more spread out. You get the majority of them by level 30, so what is the point in having levels that go to 100+?

I think that the upgrades should be more evenly distributed within the ranks, or that the ranks should be cut down in number. Also, as the ranking system stands now, there should be another IDE added that is 41+ or 51+.

Perhaps my least favorite aspect that has been changed since the old days, is that none of the high level cars are any good. Its a Mclaren F1 for christs sake, its 15,000,000 right off the bat. It seemed back in the day there were better cars for people who worked there way up in rank

im not sure how good this would work but here goes nothing...

i was thinking if you max out any regular "street" car it could run as fast or about as fast as the R5 does now...then again if your a high enough level you can buy cars that are actually meant for drag racing and run 4 second 1/4 miles...hell if your level is high enough maybe you could buy a drag car and have it running 3.5 at over 300mph in the 1/4 mile.

i dunno i just think its kinda odd that the best car in the game runs 7.8 at level 20 but only 5.6-5.7 at level 55+ if your "pro" at level 11-15 you should have funny cars running on alcohol flying off the line. then once your unstoppable you should get drag cars that go 0-300 in under 4 seconds and need parachutes just to slow down...
DON'T THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT, THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT BY A FAT DUDE!!!!

MC_Alumni Wrote:im not sure how good this would work but here goes nothing...

i was thinking if you max out any regular "street" car it could run as fast or about as fast as the R5 does now...then again if your a high enough level you can buy cars that are actually meant for drag racing and run 4 second 1/4 miles...hell if your level is high enough maybe you could buy a drag car and have it running 3.5 at over 300mph in the 1/4 mile.

i dunno i just think its kinda odd that the best car in the game runs 7.8 at level 20 but only 5.6-5.7 at level 55+ if your "pro" at level 11-15 you should have funny cars running on alcohol flying off the line. then once your unstoppable you should get drag cars that go 0-300 in under 4 seconds and need parachutes just to slow down...

meh...drag cars would be cool and all but what about all the cars they already have that are slow as shit. Lol

They need to break apart the levels (can handle his vehicle, amatuer, pro, unstoppable) and maybe even add one or two. Considering the amount of levels, it would be nice to have it more evenly broken up, so that every rank isnt hit before level 20. And Honestly I feel that every 10 levels or so, you should be unlocking a "new" car that is faster than your current one.

Renault should be the fastest til you hit 20, then something else for this case we will say a porsche. Then when you get to 30, you get a faster car than your porsche, we'll say a ferrari...and so on until you get to peak level.
:ok:

Confusedpam:... Its what's for dinner.

IGN: TheCheater

Calder Sucks

He_Hate_Me Wrote:meh...drag cars would be cool and all but what about all the cars they already have that are slow as shit. Lol

They need to break apart the levels (can handle his vehicle, amatuer, pro, unstoppable) and maybe even add one or two. Considering the amount of levels, it would be nice to have it more evenly broken up, so that every rank isnt hit before level 20. And Honestly I feel that every 10 levels or so, you should be unlocking a "new" car that is faster than your current one.

Renault should be the fastest til you hit 20, then something else for this case we will say a porsche. Then when you get to 30, you get a faster car than your porsche, we'll say a ferrari...and so on until you get to peak level.
...thats kinda what i was getting at i was just thinking instead of moving to porsches and ferrari i was thinking funny cars and drag cars lol. same concept though i guess
DON'T THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT, THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT BY A FAT DUDE!!!!

I think the reason they've always stayed away from those cars is that MC is supposed to be a street racing game.

I said a very long time ago in TS that you should have to be the right level to drive a car and not to buy it. This solves the reason that Pinks were taken out of the game. I agree it's fun, but the issue was this. Take this session. Right now Panda is hovering somewhere in the high 20's? I could give him any car in game right now through a pink slip race and he could use it.

That was the issue. You get a buddy that raced hard in the beginning to give you an R5 at level one and you're untouchable by others in your level range. If you had to be level 8 to use the R5 then that issue goes away and pinks just become what they should be.

I agree 100% about the cars though. I have said to a few people this session how much I hate the GTI and R5, that is the reason you see me sitting online in either a Cobra or a Carrera GT neither of them upgraded, the only thing that gives me that luxury however is my level, soon people are going to start catching up and I'll have to return to the R5... that just blows.

They need to look at the fact that the game gets boring when it is the same rinse and repeat every session. There are ways around that but it would take reworking how the database is designed. For example with the right design it would be a relatively simple task to change which cars are the fastest EVERY session. Can you imagine that? Everyone starting in different cars until someone found the one with the edge? Now THAT would be fun! That could be done with the addition of a modifier that adds or subtracts performance from a particular car. All you'd need to do is change up the modifiers before starting the session. Personally I think that would be great, take the advantage of knowing which car to buy when and throw it to the wind.

It's my understanding that MC is eventually going to get an overhaul like TS did. If that happens I think it will be a revolution for the game. TS is getting a lot of attention from people that left because it's different and it's fun. Some don't like it but such is life, some people don't like change...

more fuel effcient cars would be cool, no i dont mean smart cars.

but like once u get to higher levels you can get light weight rwd/4wd cars that dont require 2500 hp to run the fastest times.

and fwd cars should be quicker at the lower levels, lower horse power. but then again you shouldnt be able to get 2500 horsepower out of a 1600cc honda..

possibly power adders should work out according to displacement.

i kno this could be hard to rate for all difference size engines. but mabby have a % ratio for the adders.

1600cc gets a 15% rating. your next level of nos add a possible 100hp then you would get 15hp. so on and so forth.
Consulate

Ask me in game for help

calder12 Wrote:I think the reason they've always stayed away from those cars is that MC is supposed to be a street racing game.

I said a very long time ago in TS that you should have to be the right level to drive a car and not to buy it. This solves the reason that Pinks were taken out of the game. I agree it's fun, but the issue was this. Take this session. Right now Panda is hovering somewhere in the high 20's? I could give him any car in game right now through a pink slip race and he could use it.

That was the issue. You get a buddy that raced hard in the beginning to give you an R5 at level one and you're untouchable by others in your level range. If you had to be level 8 to use the R5 then that issue goes away and pinks just become what they should be.

I agree 100% about the cars though. I have said to a few people this session how much I hate the GTI and R5, that is the reason you see me sitting online in either a Cobra or a Carrera GT neither of them upgraded, the only thing that gives me that luxury however is my level, soon people are going to start catching up and I'll have to return to the R5... that just blows.

They need to look at the fact that the game gets boring when it is the same rinse and repeat every session. There are ways around that but it would take reworking how the database is designed. For example with the right design it would be a relatively simple task to change which cars are the fastest EVERY session. Can you imagine that? Everyone starting in different cars until someone found the one with the edge? Now THAT would be fun! That could be done with the addition of a modifier that adds or subtracts performance from a particular car. All you'd need to do is change up the modifiers before starting the session. Personally I think that would be great, take the advantage of knowing which car to buy when and throw it to the wind.

It's my understanding that MC is eventually going to get an overhaul like TS did. If that happens I think it will be a revolution for the game. TS is getting a lot of attention from people that left because it's different and it's fun. Some don't like it but such is life, some people don't like change...

You make GREAT points man. If they were to make a new "it" car every session, that would bring SOO much more competition to the game and EVERYONE, noobs and vets alike would be in the same position at the beginning of every round.

I read the entire thread and everyone made good points, but I just wish Ray would actually take the time to read this thread and hear what we have to say, and actually CHANGE THE GAME!

If the game stays like it is, I can eventually see the downfall of MC within the next couple of months, meaning 50 active players, tops.
Poop.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon