Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can we make MC better?

Hello!
We're looking to improve MC, now that version 2 of TS has taken off!

Let's hear what you think we can do to make MC better. We want to hear REAL, good idea's.. well thought out ones. We don't want a huge discussion/argument here, we want actual ideas to make/change MC to improve it.

One area we'd like to improve dramatically is the crews. How they work, how they play as part of the game, and more importantly, we'd like to make it where crews can have unlimited members, whatever we can do whether it be to change the game to incorporate unlimited members or what have you.

Let's here it!

Im not so much a fan of unlimited crew members, but depending on how crews are set up that could change.

I somewhat perfer street heists method of racing, from what Ive seen there are racing "events" that take place every so often, similar to crew battles or quick match. This method can help make sure people are actually on and racing, and eliminates the use for spamming.

Better distribution of money. I often complain about how much money is made, not because im anti-billionaire, but because the amount of money you make is ridiculously high for the cost of practically everything in game. I want to see more expensive cars and parts that mean you actually have to spend to get your car running fast, more expensive upgrades and etc.

Different cars/vehicles. A while ago my friend keith and I thought up an idea for racing that makes street racing and track racing meaningful. Basically, have certain cars that are better on the street than on the track, and vise versa....like real life. If there are going to be two ways of racing, there should be different cars that perform differently on each. I am sure we all can agree that a car tuned for drag racing is much different than a car tuned for track or street racing. Basically, this would amount to certain cars performing better at certain aspects, so someone who could beat you at the drag race might not necessarily beat you on the street.

To add to above, Id also like level oriented cars. For instance, any car level 50+ in the game should automatically own, sorry but its true. Its sad that the majority of nice or high level cars in the game actually suck. It kind of ruins the incentive to get to a high level. This being said, it would also be nice to see level oriented parts, that werent unlocked until certain levels were reached. This way, the parts list for a 1-20 car would be completely different than for the same car at level 21+, or 31+ for that matter.

Money/slips races. Basically bring back money races, but at a limit. Id say that 50 million (give or take) dollar races would add some pace to the game, and a reason to make sleeper accounts. 50 million dollars is large enough to be exciting, but small enough so that people couldnt take advantage of it. Add another 50 million or so for a pink slipped car, and thats 100 mil. There could also be a limit to these or "event" like crew battles, that only takes place once an hour. That combined with the cash limit should limit abuse. Pink slipped cars could either be banned from slips or cash races, or banned from driving whatsoever. Whatever you need to do to stop the abuse, it should be done and slips races should be brought back. Maybe level restrictions to further stop abuse?

Add select all for parts or "my inventory"
Have select all for installed car parts

Bring back items such as fuzzy dice, carbon fiber trunks, seat buckles and etc. Also, make new parts or "types" of parts. There are so many possiblities.

Make more gold parts, that are actually meaningful. There should not only be gold member cars, but also more parts that actually help. Not just a few extra parts here and there that have no use. Make it so that members actually get to notice their perks.

This kinda goes with whats above, with making certain cars that do better at certain aspects. Basically there should also be cars that are better for cruising, and I dont just mean a porsche 911. Certain cars should have better pimp factor parts for them, such as a Range Rover Wink or other suv or luxury type cars. Since these cars have no use on the race track, why not give them a use for cruising.

Bring back a Gold members game, and leave that for the spenders. I really would like a version that no one could spend in, and I understand why as a business owner you may be reluctant to do this.

My proposal is a regular game (or even a beta version, where new changes can be made on a "trial" basis, and if they do good can be moved to gold) Anyways this regular game would not have credits available to buy, and therefor would have no cash or "real life" prizes. The prizes here could be, Medals for your gold as well as your reg account, in game prizes, and memberships to play in the gold game.

Gold would be the version we basically play now, only members only. Credits would obviously be available in this version for purchase, and as the same prizes would be the current ones used today.

The reason I like this idea is because it
1. gives you guys a version to test out changes, as well as gives a playing field that is completely even for everyone.
2. it encourages people to buy a membership if they want to compete (not unlike how it is today) Basically the way it is today, is if you want to do good you practially NEED a membership, and two versions kind of just plays off of that. It would put the experienced players all in one area competing against each other

Thats all for now haha, check back later
:ok:

Confusedpam:... Its what's for dinner.

IGN: TheCheater

Calder Sucks

*2 hours later*

Wow, I couldn't have said that better myself.

Alright I believe Ray has brought this up before, but the only way i can think of encouraging racers/workers/thieves/etc to actually race is to find some sort of "attribute system"

If you could gain more from leveling up other than upgrades, better r/t and making more money i think more people would race. right now i dont see a point at all for theives to race. if you could improve your HI abilities from racing i would imagine atleast some of them would race more.

If you set all level 1 cars = to other level 1 cars, all level 5 cars = to other level 5 cars, and so on then everyone would have a faster car at certain levels depending on how they set their own points. you could have RWD, AWD, FWD. you could use Euro, Import, or domestic, just to name a few. if one person set all their points to RWD domestic cars and another set theirs to FWD imports then they would definetly be using different cars but if they were the same level you mite imagine they would run similar times

...im trying to remember all of the stuff i had thought of before. working, stealing, street racing, track racing, and recruiting would be the first 5 things that come to my mind and within each one of those you could get even more detailed.

working could have amount of IMs, IM happines, and amount made. i think that one would be a little basic. stealing could have something with the size combos percentage of success' and i guess something to do with how much you get per success. im not sure much would be different with the street and track racing other than the tuning i guess. and recruiting i guess would have something to do with the cals you use and the amount of IMs you get. alright thats long enough for now. please constructive criticism only
DON'T THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT, THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT BY A FAT DUDE!!!!

MC_Alumni Wrote:please constructive criticism only

better yet how about no criticism whatsoever. Use this thread to post ideas only, not to comment about other peoples thoughts.

Calder Sucks

Get rid of the exp bonus and make the exp the same for everyone!!! I will come back and play hard if this happens.

He_Hate_Me Wrote:better yet how about no criticism whatsoever. Use this thread to post ideas only, not to comment about other peoples thoughts.

Pounding headache at the moment so thinking isn't working. I just wanted to make a small comment on this thought though. I think it's better if we comment on each others ideas, both to see what is more popular amongst the players and more importantly to refine the ideas. This same discussion went on in TS and some very good ideas came from building on each others ideas.

Just wanted to pop that in early, I'll be back to this post later.

calder12 Wrote:Pounding headache at the moment so thinking isn't working. I just wanted to make a small comment on this thought though. I think it's better if we comment on each others ideas, both to see what is more popular amongst the players and more importantly to refine the ideas. This same discussion went on in TS and some very good ideas came from building on each others ideas.

Just wanted to pop that in early, I'll be back to this post later.

Yea I def want to build on others ideas, I just dont want this turning into an argument. So read other peoples thoughts, but let Ray and Cres decide whats a good idea and whats not

Calder Sucks

Okay, I am going to take some time here and try and come up with ideas. Everyone knows I don't know a damn thing about hitting other than getting wiped out is annoying lol. So I'll stay away from that for the most part. Racing is what I do so I'll comment on that.

Cars - Everyone is quite correct in that it's boring. It is absolutely no fun logging in and seeing everyone in the same 2 or 3 cars. Getting far enough ahead to run something like the Cobra or Carrera GT is fun, but not practical when people catch up. Having the cars run based on level is a cool idea and has been stated. The higher the level of the car the better it runs. Adding onto this I think it would be nice to add the skill points that Topshift has, but slightly different. ALL level 5 cars should be equal in EVERY way, make the differences based on where you've added your skills not in the cars. That way you'll have a much easier time adding cars and people will rely on figuring out the skills to be better (faster) than others.

Parts and car building - Please, please, please do NOT dumb it down like in TS.... It is fine the way it is, figuring out what parts are best for which car is an integral part of the game, it separates those that care to find out and tweak from the ones that just want to play casually. But from what I said about cars, the handling and power and in the end times for all cars that are of equal level should be identical IF they have the correct parts.

Important point about cars and parts - There should be level "groups" tbh it would be annoying as hell if a level 2 car were a hair faster than a level 1 car. So perhaps 5 level gaps? Maybe give the next level a bit better PF rather than make them faster? So 1-5 level cars would be the same power/handling, but a level 2 car would have marginally higher PF than a level 1 car? Not sure how that would work programatically, but I wouldn't want to have to upgrade my car with every level I gained to be competitive.

Experience / Leveling - Lose the experience bonus or award it to the top 3 crews in stages based on my idea from the other thread. I prefer to award it to the top 3 crews with 2x, 1.75x and 1.5x levels simply to bump the top crew competition. The way it is now it promotes teams relying on a single player to keep first and it generally ruins the crew competition within a couple of days of the start. The crew with the person in first quickly out levels everyone else and becomes nearly untouchable. If the experience bonus is eliminated then experience overall should be increased. I don't want a return of the NW difference, that was retarded when you could jump 20 levels with a single race, but if there is no bonus racing to the highest levels would be very very difficult and I doubt many would do it.

Level costs - Bring 57 and above down to more attainable levels, they should be difficult but not impossible. At the moment 58 costs upwards of $140 billion, 59 is well above $200 billion... nuff said.

to be continued.

alrite here are my thoughts on the game...

1)basically i think the idea is good about how u have attribute points and u can use them to add...so if u HI u can add all ur points to HI...boost etc...exp etc...
2)also i do not like the unlimited crew size...there will not be any competition...everyone will jus join the same crew and it will be the same thing...
3)keep HI the way it is...people think its so easy but try it for urself and then say...the only people complaining bout it is the racers...but what people dont understand is this game was built on theives...racing came second to it...
4) i like the fact that there should be a reg and gold again...but reg should be able to spend in it...jus gold u can get more credits and things like that...the only problem is the fact that there isnt that many players in the game period...so i dont see how we can split the 100 players into 50 and 50...thats so little bit people for each game...
5) i definitely like the idea about racing like SH...its easier and u can do it all day...but i want everything else to stay the same...like showing the %age and all that.. unlike SH...
6) something has to be done about the exp...i think everyone gets the same, or the higher ur NW the more exp u get...this whole holding first thing is not worth the time of racing
AlKi

LuDe Wrote:alrite here are my thoughts on the game...

1)basically i think the idea is good about how u have attribute points and u can use them to add...so if u HI u can add all ur points to HI...boost etc...exp etc...
2)also i do not like the unlimited crew size...there will not be any competition...everyone will jus join the same crew and it will be the same thing...
3)keep HI the way it is...people think its so easy but try it for urself and then say...the only people complaining bout it is the racers...but what people dont understand is this game was built on theives...racing came second to it...
4) i like the fact that there should be a reg and gold again...but reg should be able to spend in it...jus gold u can get more credits and things like that...the only problem is the fact that there isnt that many players in the game period...so i dont see how we can split the 100 players into 50 and 50...thats so little bit people for each game...
5) i definitely like the idea about racing like SH...its easier and u can do it all day...but i want everything else to stay the same...like showing the %age and all that.. unlike SH...
6) something has to be done about the exp...i think everyone gets the same, or the higher ur NW the more exp u get...this whole holding first thing is not worth the time of racing

As for the first my thoughts were that it wouldnt necessarily be splitting the game in half, because gold members could still play reg. That would lead to a smaller number of people in the gold game, but the good part is it would all be experienced players.

I agree with the second part. I dont want the core of MC to change because I like the way this game is set up above all others.

I had another idea I forgot above, I brought it up a while back. If there are going to be so many levels, it would be nice to have them broken up more evenly. What im talking about is the "descriptions" that tell you someones level. "knows what he is doing, unstoppable, etc." Currently, the set up stops at 16+, which is unstoppable. This seems like the set up from when the level caps were much lower, and seems like it was just never changed to support a total of 60 levels.

Anyways I propose to either make a few new descriptions, or spread them out so that unstoppable isnt until at least 20-30+, and adjust the others accordingly.

Calder Sucks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas to make things more fun and competitive teet 4 2,150 04-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Tokkiez
  This would make some good competiton rhs 26 5,451 12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Grossnwill

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon