Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 ideas

We've all been hearing the dumb stories of people guessing other peoples passwords and whatnot lately so I think it would be a good idea to make the logins more secure by having a 5 try limit of entering your name and password. If you get your name and password wrong after 5 tries (which you would have to be stupid to actually do) then you wont be able to login for say...a half hour or so. Lot's of other sites have this, and this would be a great way to prevent people guessing your password. You could already have this but i wouldnt know because it's never taken me 5 tries before. If so, then disregaurd this.

My other idea... I know lot's of people that play MC have a 56k connection (i do) and one thing that frusterates me more than anything is when my computer get's stuck on loading someones videoclip avatar. Most of the time it wont let me load the next page without finishing loading the avatar (which can take a few minutes sometimes). This has caused me to be HI'ed and miss races, etc. And for a serious player like myself these things can be crucial. So my idea was to have an option to be able to choose weather or not you want to view other peoples avatars.

That is all, let me know what you think.

thanks
"I love it here!
So many things and so many things of each thing."
-Homer

I like your avatar idea...it would help me as im on a crappy computer sometime and this lags like crazy
All I need is One Mic.

On the avatar idea, if they couldn't have a view avatar on/off switch, perhaps limiting the FILE SIZE would help.
Honestly, How good is it for bandwidth if several ppl have a 1MB+ avatar. Sure it may be funny, but it can take forever on some connections to load. Same with the forums.
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

I say get rid of avatars completely.
[Image: 30.png]

Quote:I say get rid of avatars completely.
i agree theyre pretty useless unless people use them for crews even then havin an avatar so small you cant really make anything fancy

i think both the ideas are good, especially the second one...thats a great idea.
midnite is spelled wrong.

Yer the second idea is good .... i definally agree because i encounter the same problem ... first idea is kinda sketchy because if you just wanted to annoy someone you could continously lock up there account... but all in all i like the ideas
-------Ralphy------

To help with the Avatar issue, you can turn off images in your browser settings. For IE, goto Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab, and scroll down to Multimedia: Show Pictures. For Firefox, goto Tools > Options > Web Features: Load Images.
Firefox has a neat little feature that allows images to be loaded for the originating website only. This will allow the images for MC to be loaded (like the menu etc), but nothing hosted off site (like images via imageshack etv). Works really well.

those ideas are pretty good..the only problem is what happens when u get locked out cuz someone else is trying to guess your pw...then u cant play for half hour jus cuz of that...people will use that against people... Cool
AlKi

Thanks, i never knew about that. The only problem with it though is that it doesnt show the persons status, which makes things a little difficult. But it works, just a little too well.

Lude- yeah, i never thought about that. The only way it would work would be if no one knew anyones sign in name.
"I love it here!
So many things and so many things of each thing."
-Homer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Ideas Reebar 0 1,198 11-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Reebar
  Few Ideas Reebar 6 3,141 05-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Last Post: crzyrio
  My ideas from a theif ILUV2EXLR8 6 3,215 03-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Last Post: C-speed
  Ideas to make things more fun and competitive teet 4 2,150 04-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Tokkiez
  Ideas you want to be implemented. Tokkiez 77 28,998 03-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Last Post: racerr
  Kao - Please read - Game ideas R_Y_A_N 21 6,402 02-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Last Post: MatBond
  A few ideas for this new game Tokkiez 10 4,465 07-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Tokkiez
  Promoting MC - Ideas Benton08 70 16,778 03-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Benton08
  My ideas Rev 3.1 dnb_Fueld 6 2,501 09-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Last Post: krazyman06
  Rev3 Game Ideas, BETA TESTERS ONLY! PANDAhumpnMONKEY 85 17,403 07-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Last Post: modogg85

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon