Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate to say this but.......

Calder,

You are completely correct in your description of how the problem happened and what caused it. While I agree with you in some regards, I definately don't agree that there is little or nothing that Corrupt can do to fix the problem.

With the way the game is played at present, there will always be a mass flood of server traffic from the one-thousand-and-one players who try to make that "last minute jump" to get a higher spot.

However, there is a simple solution that would take little to no time to program and would merely take some adjusting for the players to get used to.

Two session ago I suggested, in the appropriate forums, that they make the end of the session occur at any random point between 21 days and 18 day of game time. Let the clock count down to the 21 day mark and then let the game so into a sort of "Sudden Death" mode where you bust your ass all the time cause the session could end at any moment.

Making a simple game change of this nature would result in one of two ends... either the servers would constantly be spammed by everyone that wants to try and win, possibly for as long as 7 or 8 days, depending on actual end time, OR people just continue to play, no one sits around waiting like hundreds of other people for the final 60 seconds of the game cause no one knows when that final 60 seconds will occur.

Simple plan, simple fix... Corrupt have any comment on this possibility??
[Image: Rain1.jpg]

PARDON MY TYPO... I meant to say "anytime between 21 and 28 days..."
[Image: Rain1.jpg]

You have obviously put some time into that solution and are completely correct that it would solve the problem. Plus it is kinda interesting and would likely promote more spending after the 21 day mark since staying in first would be almost critical.

Email Ray this one, I think it has a lot of merit, would add an air of tension to the game and as you said solve the everyone on at once problem.

im normally not on at the end of the round, but this one i was. i noticed severe lag and im sure everyone else did too

however

this is the only round that people complained about it, im sure at the end of the other rounds, you still have people trying to work/HI/or whatever else they do with their creds. so how come this time everyone voiced out their complaints? does the game lag like this normally at the end? not tryin to be a jerk, just curious
SpamaticS - Slick

I think the biggest contributing factor here was the fact that the high levels can actually make good money from working.

I was hearing numbers like 800mill plus for 1k creds. So unlike the past where those guys would HI which is far easier on the server, most were likely spamming the cruise button to up their im's hence server overload Sad

Thank Satan I didnt even try to get anywhere this session

calder12 Wrote:I think the biggest contributing factor here was the fact that the high levels can actually make good money from working.

I was hearing numbers like 800mill plus for 1k creds. So unlike the past where those guys would HI which is far easier on the server, most were likely spamming the cruise button to up their im's hence server overload Sad

800+ mil was easy...I would have made > 900+ mil last second easily.
MC's Most Hated

Sux you didnt then dont it

Devils Advocate Wrote:Sux you didnt then dont it

Boy, I hadn't really thought about it :roll:

But now that you mentioned it.... :roll:
MC's Most Hated

^^^^ Don't worry life's a bitch live with it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a new lvl of hate hwnplaya 12 3,602 04-28-2008, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Benton08
  DONT HATE! PANDAhumpnMONKEY 10 2,827 03-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Last Post: PANDAhumpnMONKEY
  Hate Mail!! PANDAhumpnMONKEY 9 2,724 01-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Last Post: PANDAhumpnMONKEY
  hate mail Restricted 31 7,534 12-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Last Post: monteman
  X-Mas Hate Mail! PANDAhumpnMONKEY 4 1,533 12-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Last Post: ehja
  You might be loser IF: or why I hate the forums Dyna 42 10,022 12-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Last Post: mSzura
  More hate Mail... A_n_i_M_a_L_ 15 4,390 11-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Last Post: LuDe
  hate mail domesticabus 4 1,761 11-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Black__Metal
  My very 1st hate mail... LOL!! A_n_i_M_a_L_ 17 4,603 11-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Last Post: A_n_i_M_a_L_
  HATE MAIL liGHts_OUt_spEEd 3 1,283 11-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Black__Metal

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon