Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riddle me this... riddle me that....

never mind if it says it need to make enough thrust to go 100knots so in reality it is going 200knots it doesnt say it IS going 100knots. had to read it like 5 times
ill bring you hell

The plane's speed is irrelevant to the ground. The plane makes its thrust from air. It's how their engine works. The wheels barely generate any friction with the ground so it's still able to take off.
Miss Kelly

D1STURB3D Wrote:the plane is going 100knots forward and the conveyer belt is going 100knots backwards = 0knots

it cant fly at all

Haha.. think about it some more... it DOES take off.

i know right after i put that i put another post, can you add a delete you own post or something to the forum
ill bring you hell

admin Wrote:If an airplane is on a large conveyor belt and is trying to take off by exerting the thrust needed to move it forward at 100 knots, and the conveyor belt starts moving backwards at 100 knots, will the plane be able to take off, or will it just sit stationary relative to the ground, with the backwards speed of the conveyor belt counteracting the forward thrust of the plane?

:420what:

I read another variation where the conveyor belt moved against the plane with the same speed as the plane was moving, so if the plane was starting to move forward the conveyor belt would "stop" the plane from moving, which obviously it doesn't.
Miss Kelly

Sooooo.... if you watch Mythbusters I hear they're gonna be testing this out. I'm gonna record it if I can and watch it. Should be interesting.
Miss Kelly

You all must be Engineers and Physicists to overthink it that much.
EAT A PUNCH JUST TO MAKE YOU TAP
BJJ-Purple Belt
Resident Engineer, Geologist, Genius

Ha, yeah.... I am. Civil Engineering.
Miss Kelly

Civil? Well that's just pretending to be an engineer, you should get this :O
EAT A PUNCH JUST TO MAKE YOU TAP
BJJ-Purple Belt
Resident Engineer, Geologist, Genius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Riddle me this... winterfell 3 1,181 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM