Facebook      

Poll: Please Choose your option
Im perfectly fine with waiting 5 seconds
Id preffer the 3 Seconds so i could regain 6% of my life
This thread has wasted enough of my time, make ther no time limit
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Second delay.

PANDAhumpnMONKEY Wrote:It's like that for the same reason you cannot update the "Who's Online" type pages more than every 5 seconds..

It's got something to do with the server.. If everyone was updating the pages so often, chances are, it'd either damage or crash the servers. Don't remember the exact reason, but I asked Raymond about this years ago...

no the whos online crashes the server...he did the 5 sec gap so people like dan cant just set their iopus and macro the spam...j/k
AlKi

Jdoggy Wrote:Brother for you I'll get the whole damn bag.

Can i have some aswell please sir??
Well make it a big bag cause Postage will b like 2dollers to reach me
WinkWink
:yahoo:NZ__EVO.. Im In Love With A Stripper.....

fast_fry Wrote:Can i have some aswell please sir??
Well make it a big bag cause Postage will b like 2dollers to reach me
WinkWink

get your own Tongue
winter's own

The 5 second delay definitely hinders how fast i can race - I keep many multiple tabs open as well. Once the tabs are open - I click backspace and click challenge. Very fast.

But with that being said, I dont necessarily like the 5 second delay, but I think it is a necessary evil. a) I would imagine it keeps down on server overload, b) keeps people online longer.

A - i have nothing to back that up - i dont know anything about server overload, i just think the 5sec racing delay slows things on their end down - enough for them to keep up on data transfer.

B - tell me what most people do - sells their car when they are offline, and buy new one when they are online(not exactly I know, but you know what I am speaking of). If people were offline more often - there would be less ppl to race, and we would all be forced to race amateur status noobs that dont have anything to do with anything.

I could go on for days about how keeping people online is a good thing.

winterfell Wrote:get your own Tongue

and please, stay on topic - it bugs the crap out of me to read non-important posts and these cheetos comments.

funny - yes, but a waste of my time

MrBaloney Wrote:The 5 second delay definitely hinders how fast i can race - I keep many multiple tabs open as well. Once the tabs are open - I click backspace and click challenge. Very fast.

A - i have nothing to back that up - i dont know anything about server overload, i just think the 5sec racing delay slows things on their end down - enough for them to keep up on data transfer.

tbh I couldn't be bothered doing the tabs thing. Maybe it's just me but that would be more annoying than just finding the next guy in the list.

It does keep server load down a bit, think about how much the game lags in the beginning when there are more people than usual spamming clicks. Every click in this game (well almost every) requires a server calculation, a database query or both. So it definitely would help with keeping us from lagging and timing out.

Of course a faster server with more memory would do that too, but dedicated servers are pretty expensive, trust me I know lol.

calder12 Wrote:tbh I couldn't be bothered doing the tabs thing. Maybe it's just me but that would be more annoying than just finding the next guy in the list.

It does keep server load down a bit, think about how much the game lags in the beginning when there are more people than usual spamming clicks. Every click in this game (well almost every) requires a server calculation, a database query or both. So it definitely would help with keeping us from lagging and timing out.

Of course a faster server with more memory would do that too, but dedicated servers are pretty expensive, trust me I know lol.

http://www.akramonline.com come play! :x

Jdoggy Wrote:Brother for you I'll get the whole damn bag.

he gets the 25 cent bag :x

calder12 Wrote:2. The 5 second delay was put in to combat bots, it also helps reduce server load on single page processes considering each race is actually a proc page that requires the server to do calculations. It has nothing to do with keeping people online, the average computer and internet connection along with clicking speeds really mean it usually takes approx 5 seconds to make the 3 clicks required to get the race anyways. Not including the time to find the next person in the list.

in regards to 2: I didn't want to bring it up, but get rid of the 5 second delay, and i'll be the first to make a program that will spam 200 or more races in a minute..

PANDAhumpnMONKEY Wrote:in regards to 2: I didn't want to bring it up, but get rid of the 5 second delay, and i'll be the first to make a program that will spam 200 or more races in a minute..
correct me if im wrong but just because they take away the 5 second delay doesnt mean bots are allowed right?
DON'T THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT, THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT BY A FAT DUDE!!!!

MC_Alumni Wrote:correct me if im wrong but just because they take away the 5 second delay doesnt mean bots are allowed right?

........... thats like saying if they raise the speed limit, does that make speeding legal??

You can still make a bot to send races every 5 seconds,... so hence the lower it to 3 seconds, still has a limit.
Consulate

Ask me in game for help

dnb_Fueld Wrote:........... thats like saying if they raise the speed limit, does that make speeding legal??

You can still make a bot to send races every 5 seconds,... so hence the lower it to 3 seconds, still has a limit.
oh silly me, i guess the image verifaction was more or less for the fun of it...

"To prevent cheating and the usage of bots, please click the image that is A Flower"

I like that, its like a game inside the game. thats all i have to do cause my bot races, i just have to verify an image...uh no.
DON'T THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT, THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT BY A FAT DUDE!!!!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon