Midnite Challenge Forums

Full Version: Hitting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Okay, anyone that knows me knows I don't normally make a big deal about getting hit. But does anyone else think that hitting has become stupidly easy?

Grand total losses with 6+ days to play: $148,943,672,247 Over $139 Billion worth of these hits were done offline in At Home status....

This is NOT pointing fingers or bitching at anyone in particular, I want that clear.

Current Top 10
[GUNS] Wyatt_Earp $60,413,306,095
[wtf] Blackish__Metal $52,910,201,455
[Tagh] DYNA____________ $34,251,154,453
[Tagh] TwIsTeD_FaTe $27,479,283,467
[Tagh] DRIFTIN $24,106,162,828
[OAKT] c0h33d $22,533,528,844
[COLOR="Red"] [GUNS] Billy_the_Kid $18,662,218,107
[GUNS] Jose_Chavez $18,454,574,828[/COLOR]

[LONE] o_O_LUDE_O_o $11,797,227,797
[DONE] MY_ACC_SUCK $11,210,087,884

The players listed in black have either made ALL their NW from hitting or the vast majority of it. In fact 4 of them have significantly less NW than they have actually hit me for.

Now, like I said this isn't complaining it's a serious question. You're supposed to be "somewhat" safe, or at least safest, in At Home status. As I said earlier the vast majority of these hits were done in that status. There are 4 times at least where I have been hit 3 times in a row (spam hitting) with no caughts at all in Home status.

I am just of the impression that hitting has become too easy, either the numbers used are too well known, the way of spamming, whatever, I have no idea how it's done but the point remains that it is nearly pointless to spend on the game unless you're a hitter now.

Shane could easily crush me and take a substantial lead with probably a single $25 purchase at this point.

Hitting IS part of the game, I'm not suggesting it shouldn't be, but losing $40billion in 2.5 hours shouldn't be possible either. I don't know what the answer is, perhaps change up the variables to make people search for the right combos again, add a "this player has been attacked too often" type of timer like The Last Yakuza has? I don't know, what I do know is that to "work" your way to the NW I have lost entails countless hours (35+ in the first 3 days racing alone) and more hours working, hitting means coming on when your creds max, entering 2 numbers and spamming the enter key at the right time or however the formula works. In other words substantially less time, effort and in the long run cost.

Thoughts?
I hear what ya saying rick ...

and hitting isnt really that easy .. the number combos and timming shane uses are prety hardout and a bit of a challange to get down (i know as hes teaching/trying to teach me)

only reason you have lost to much is everyone is trying to hit you ... chances are outta everyone attmpting it a % of those will come off as hits ...

the logo and timming has changed alot not so long ago .. guess ray could change them again but there will always be thoes good hitters and they will always taget the big NW hits.
I'm not taking anything away from the hitters, especially Shane.

But Thrice, who was asking for help in the hits thread, got me 3 times for over $14billion without getting caught?

.... nuff said.
yeah which ever way you look at it I dont think anything will change. As black said, the algo has only just changed as it was way too easy where anyone could type in 5/0 and spam hits, then when it did change everyone started to bitca that it was too hard, now im guessing the numbers have been leaking out where almost and 'noob' can get lucky and get a hit. Also being in 1st place for the entire round wont help Wink
Did we not have a big thing about sharing info with new players to get them to want to play etc instead of keeping it "within the circle" kinda thing tho ?

so if everyone has the same info anyone should be able to hit anyone at the end of the day
I'm all for sharing info. I didn't mean that no one should have told Thrice, nor do I hold the hits against him.

The thing that bothered me the most (yeah it actually did annoy me) was going to see the fast and the furious at $86 billion and coming home to $44billion... 2.5 hours almost half my NW gone.

That really shouldn't be able to happen to anyone.

I understand I'm a target for being in first all session, I did that and I can live with it. But look at the numbers this way...

What I've lost: $148,943,672,247
Combined total NW of 2 - 10: $160,238,533,238 [COLOR="blue"]
The other NINE players on the top 10 have managed to earn 11,294,860,991
more than I've lost?
[/COLOR]

There is definitely something wrong with that picture.
i agree, when your nw starts going backwards it all seems a little hopeless..

i actually think this is counter productive in a business sense, because people only spend at the start of the round to get wins and the end to get a place or first..

instead of when u used to jump at the start and keep a lead on people
calder12 Wrote:I'm all for sharing info. I didn't mean that no one should have told Thrice, nor do I hold the hits against him.

The thing that bothered me the most (yeah it actually did annoy me) was going to see the fast and the furious at $86 billion and coming home to $44billion... 2.5 hours almost half my NW gone.

That really shouldn't be able to happen to anyone.

I understand I'm a target for being in first all session, I did that and I can live with it. But look at the numbers this way...

What I've lost: $148,943,672,247
Combined total NW of 2 - 10: $160,238,533,238 [COLOR="blue"]
The other NINE players on the top 10 have managed to earn 11,294,860,991
more than I've lost?
[/COLOR]

There is definitely something wrong with that picture.

yea fair call rick ... i see ya point
dont take this the wrong way, but i disagree. HI is a simple, yet incredibly complex system. Its in no way easy, because if it was you would see WAAAAY more HIs than you do. I think its only right that the entire community should be allowed to know the combos, and saying that I give mine out to everyone that wants them. The thing is, just knowing the combos isnt shit, and most people who know what their doing realize that. Its a good start, but 10/88 still isnt the savior.

Your looking at is as if your a target. Im here to tell you that you are exactly right. Your in top ten, let alone first place. Its your duty to get HId out the ass.

Dont take this the wrong way, but jumping billions and billions higher than everyone playing isnt going to help you. I find it just as ridiculous youve been HId so much, as I find it ridiculous that you jumped so high so quick. You were kinda asking for it. Again....dont take that the wrong way. All im saying is that anyone who jumps in nw like you is going to get hit like you. And thats not even a bad thing, because basically having the most hits against you means that you had a shit load of money. Ironicaly, the more you have the more you lose. And I kinda feel thats just how its supposed to be
He_Hate_Me Wrote:dont take this the wrong way, but i disagree. HI is a simple, yet incredibly complex system. Its in no way easy, because if it was you would see WAAAAY more HIs than you do. I think its only right that the entire community should be allowed to know the combos, and saying that I give mine out to everyone that wants them. The thing is, just knowing the combos isnt shit, and most people who know what their doing realize that. Its a good start, but 10/88 still isnt the savior.

Your looking at is as if your a target. Im here to tell you that you are exactly right. Your in top ten, let alone first place. Its your duty to get HId out the ass.

Dont take this the wrong way, but jumping billions and billions higher than everyone playing isnt going to help you. I find it just as ridiculous youve been HId so much, as I find it ridiculous that you jumped so high so quick. You were kinda asking for it. Again....dont take that the wrong way. All im saying is that anyone who jumps in nw like you is going to get hit like you. And thats not even a bad thing, because basically having the most hits against you means that you had a shit load of money. Ironicaly, the more you have the more you lose. And I kinda feel thats just how its supposed to be

Nope, not going to take that the wrong way at all. I knew full well I was going to be a target doing what I did and I take that in stride. I know this sounds like whining but honestly it's not.

But here is the deal, you said yourself what your numbers are which total 98 credits. Now I realize there is more to hitting than those numbers because I knew those the first session I came back and I still can't hit. But you and anyone else that does know how can do that 20 times with full creds.

Like I said $40 billion lost in 2.5 hours, I as a racer and a worker can make a maximum of $6 billion ish in that period of time.

The way it is now takes the desire to try and race and win away, if however there were a timer like The Last Yakuza has where you can only do x amount of damage or x amount of hits on a particular player in a particular period of time that would make it a little more fair I think.

I don't want to take the hitters game away from them just something to balance it out a bit and give the racers a little more credit for the time and effort we spend to.

If you look at that night I lost that large amount, all it would have taken would be one other person doing the same thing and I go from almost $100 billion to nothing in the time it took to watch a movie? I don't think that's fair to the non hitters and I'm pretty sure it's not good for the game in general.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7