Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test n' Tune

hello again..i was wondering if there was anyone who could give me tips or give me some good #'s for test n tuning for a s2k. ive read the tutorial and i getit completely but there are just too many factors (dampers F, dampers R, tire presssure F, camber, etc..) to count in. thanks to anyone in advanced for any help
ayo beezy

start with it one at one time....dont try to change more than one setting.

ie./...start with your front tire pressure...start around 40, and change it + or - 2 until you find your best ET with that one....then move to the rear...

also, set your camber to 0

There are not any set numbers, you can't get numbers from one driver and use them on your car tnt does not work that way. These are the instructions from the TS beginner guide but they apply to MC as well, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY

TnT (Test n’ Tune) – This can be very expensive on credits and I strongly suggest beginners not start a tnt with less than 400 credits. Go to your tnt link and click the make run button. Now you are faced with some numbers. The ONLY number that matters on your time slip is the 60 foot time!!!!!!!!! Write that down then follow the steps below.
1. Change the number in the front tire pressure by 2 up or down does not matter.
2. check your 60 foot time, if it is faster, change the front tire pressure by 2 in the same direction, if it is slower go by 2 the other way. So if you started at 36 and made the number 38 and your 60 ft got slower, change it to 34.
3. Do this until your 60 ft time goes up again. Then check the numbers on either side of your fastest run. So if your fastest run was at 32 check 31 and 33 to make sure you have the best time possible.
4. repeat steps 1-3 for the first 4 settings.
5. Leave camber at 0

Rick, I agree with your points...but in MC with the R/T fluctuations and what not, you dont need to look at your 60 foot time. I never do, I just look at my overall E/T. 200 credits should get a good tune. If you add tires, then you screwed, and expect to spend 400 credits figuring it out.

hmmm didn't know that lol Smile and yeah 200 creds should do you in TS as well, but if it doesn't lol... then you're stuck remembering the last thing you changed when you get more.

modogg85 Wrote:Rick, I agree with your points...but in MC with the R/T fluctuations and what not, you dont need to look at your 60 foot time. I never do, I just look at my overall E/T. 200 credits should get a good tune. If you add tires, then you screwed, and expect to spend 400 credits figuring it out.
I can see that you have never personally drag raced a car at a sanctioned event.
Your R/T has absolutely nothing to do with the performance of the car, only the driver (skill level). I agree with Calder, 60' is the best indication of a good tnt setup.

YouLoseInc Wrote:
modogg85 Wrote:Rick, I agree with your points...but in MC with the R/T fluctuations and what not, you dont need to look at your 60 foot time. I never do, I just look at my overall E/T. 200 credits should get a good tune. If you add tires, then you screwed, and expect to spend 400 credits figuring it out.
I can see that you have never personally drag raced a car at a sanctioned event.
Your R/T has absolutely nothing to do with the performance of the car, only the driver (skill level). I agree with Calder, 60' is the best indication of a good tnt setup.

are you joking...seriously you have got to be kidding...cause in MC R/T palys a vital role in the racing aspect....because R/T + E/T = Total time..which is what you win and lose races with....I am right now level 26 adn I can tell you that my R/T fluctuates about .10 sometimes even more...if you look at your past slips you will see that...and besdies the fact the guy was asking about TnT his car in the game not at a drag strip.

modogg85 Wrote:
YouLoseInc Wrote:

are you joking...seriously you have got to be kidding...cause in MC R/T palys a vital role in the racing aspect....because R/T + E/T = Total time..which is what you win and lose races with....I am right now level 26 adn I can tell you that my R/T fluctuates about .10 sometimes even more...if you look at your past slips you will see that...and besdies the fact the guy was asking about TnT his car in the game not at a drag strip.
Did you read and COMPREHEND what I was saying before replying? When tnt'ing your car in either MC or TS, 60' is the best indication of the state of the setup of the car. The only thing that is going to lower your reaction time in either MC or TS is your Driver Skill level, do you agree or disagree?

I agree with the lowering your R/T with driver skill level, but I disagree with using the 60 ft time as your best time. I dont do it that way, and I have never done it that way, yet all of you people that do it that way and are the same level as I am. Well I win about 1/2 the races...so what does that say.

modogg, I use the 60ft time to tune my cars, and found that is is the best indication of the best tuning for the car. Look at our races. The reason for using the 60ft time is becasue it has the less fluctuations each time you make a pass. Check your history to see the variations in both the 60ft and 1320 times to see what I mean (p.s. this is Tofuman)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dyno tune tdawg28 6 1,870 07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Black__Metal
  dyno tune percentage LarryG 2 1,175 02-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Admin
  New Dyno Tune Benton08 7 2,029 08-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Benton08
  what is that test run D1STURB3D 12 2,680 01-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Last Post: D1STURB3D
  Street Heist Registrations OPEN - final beta test period imported_admin 5 1,661 01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Last Post: GODthurisnoother
  CANT TEST AND TUNE Jdodge73chargerh 5 1,448 12-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Last Post: str8vi3tcuhz
  can someone help me tune my cars i have asked and not very m LoveDontHate 24 4,884 11-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Last Post: LuDe
  Test n Tune Issues gsg9mark 6 1,686 11-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Black__Metal
  help cant tune mrmitch555 12 2,853 10-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Last Post: modogg85
  OK.. WILL YOU DANG NOOBS LEARN TO TUNE!! IllicitDSM 29 5,843 09-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Last Post: LuDe

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon