Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed Changes: Making crews more competitive

In the spirit of improving MC, we'd like to run an idea by everyone and see what you all think.

Currently, crews are limited in size and can only really compete against each other by 'crew battles' that the crew leader (only) can do, and all members help by contributing crew models and making money.

We'd like to make this part of the game more fun and exciting for ALL members!

Here's what we propose:

1) Rather than ranking top crew by Crew bank roll X Crew wins %, we believe it would be far more exciting if the top crew was ranked by:

(Total Crew bank roll / Number of crew members) X Average crew models of all members X Average win/lose ratio of all members

This will make every crew member accountable and able to contribute. This also eliminates the problem of being kicked from a crew close to the end of a game period.

2) Make crew sizes unlimited! You can have as many members as you want!

3) Get rid of crew battles altogether - they are rarely run and not very exciting anyways, not to mention we all know most of them are 'fixed' results.

Please share your constructive criticism. Big Grin

i actually have a question first b4 i answer...is there going to be a minimum amount of players before they show the board???
AlKi

Yeah there has to be a max and a minimum per crew. If it is unlimited whats the point of spending just everyone join the same crew everyone get the icon everyone is happy...

[COLOR="Red"]1) Rather than ranking top crew by Crew bank roll X Crew wins %, we believe it would be far more exciting if the top crew was ranked by:

(Total Crew bank roll / Number of crew members)
X Average crew models of all members X Average win/lose ratio of all members

This will make every crew member accountable and able to contribute. This also eliminates the problem of being kicked from a crew close to the end of a game period.[/COLOR]

Seems like a rather good idea. It will eliminate 1 or 2 crews dominating in the Crew Battles. However, it will not eliminate the same people game in game out domineering the top crew position. Names rarely change session to session and it is mostly a "close group" who take top crew again and again.

[COLOR="Red"]
2) Make crew sizes unlimited! You can have as many members as you want![/COLOR]

Terrible idea Ray. As Brandon said, everyone could just join the same crew and everyone would get a medal, seems pointless. This would not increase the competition, it would simply eliminate it altogether. Either that or it would be the select group of people in the game banding together and taking top crew over and over and over and over again. This idea quite frankly, sucks.

[COLOR="Red"]
3) Get rid of crew battles altogether - they are rarely run and not very exciting anyways, not to mention we all know most of them are 'fixed' results.[/COLOR]

I made my point on this issue under the first idea. It is still the same, get rid of battles, but introduce a way of measuring top crew that is fair to EVERYONE not just to those who can spend money and take it whenever they like.

I hope this is constructive enough for you Big Grin

1) Rather than ranking top crew by Crew bank roll X Crew wins %, we believe it would be far more exciting if the top crew was ranked by:

(Total Crew bank roll / Number of crew members) X Average crew models of all members X Average win/lose ratio of all members

focusing on the red text.... well... say you have ten people in the crew... then on the last day you kick 4 people... bankroll stays the same but now its divided by 6 instead of 10 giving the crew that bit more ranking...

ie/

(120 000/10) x 1500 x .95 = 17 100 000

(120 000/6) x 1500 x .95 = 28 500 000

lol did this make any sense at all? :redface:
winter's own

winterfell Wrote:1) Rather than ranking top crew by Crew bank roll X Crew wins %, we believe it would be far more exciting if the top crew was ranked by:

focusing on the red text.... well... say you have ten people in the crew... then on the last day you kick 4 people... bankroll stays the same but now its divided by 6 instead of 10 giving the crew that bit more ranking...

ie/

(120 000/6) x 1500 x .95 = 28 500 000

lol did this make any sense at all? :redface:

You're forgetting that if you kick them out, then the average crew models and win/lose ratio change as well.

yeah the average will either go up or down... it doesn't take much to figure out which four to kick out that is beneficial...

(120 000/6) x 1000 x .9 = 18 000 000

that is the difference in a dramatic drop of averages... and still comes down to an advantage

(120 000/6) x 1600 x .96 = 30 720 000

the difference of a slight gain...

don't get me wrong... i believe this is heading in the right direction... unfortunately there is still a reason to kick people off the crew... you could have a dozen multi's in the crew and work their creds throughout the session and kick them off at the last day to advance your averages stats (lol gross exaggeration)
winter's own

I love the Idea maybe keep a max limit 5-1- for 1 period then 10-15 for another see which works out best.....?

The Kick people out thing,to stop people kicking them out so much and inviting others usually period are like 25 days or something or w/e so maybe in the last 5 days or so you can't be kicked from the crew,And also any stats from your crew don't show up on the Game Stats page to anyone so no-one knows about how your crews except your crew untill the score goes up on last 5 days which means its actully could be fair.....?

The Crew Battles,Maybe with the crew maybe you can have it so that the crew car is always in the Garage and if anyone from the crew is online and is going to go racing can get in the Crew car from Garage and go to other Crews and race them using 20 of there own credits.Also there can be no limit for how many players have to be in a crew to get a car so you could have 1 person with a car.....?

Hope these are ok.....
[Image: 53369.png]

I am teh Fail Frcg Big Grin

winterfell Wrote:yeah the average will either go up or down... it doesn't take much to figure out which four to kick out that is beneficial...

(120 000/6) x 1000 x .9 = 18 000 000

that is the difference in a dramatic drop of averages... and still comes down to an advantage

(120 000/6) x 1600 x .96 = 30 720 000

the difference of a slight gain...

don't get me wrong... i believe this is heading in the right direction... unfortunately there is still a reason to kick people off the crew... you could have a dozen multi's in the crew and work their creds throughout the session and kick them off at the last day to advance your averages stats (lol gross exaggeration)

How about, if someone is kicked from a crew, however many crew models they gained for the crew are REMOVED from the crew.

hmm...or,if they get kicked out,any cash,cms so basicly there whole stats is whiped as if they werent in the crew and the crew looses all of the players stats.....
[Image: 53369.png]

I am teh Fail Frcg Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas to make things more fun and competitive teet 4 2,150 04-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Tokkiez
  Considering making MC "invite only" Admin 6 2,186 01-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Last Post: NoToRiOuS_ThUgS
  Proposed Changes for Better Gameplay v2pointOH 6 2,185 07-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Last Post: v2pointOH
  New Idea - Roles in Crews Benton08 17 5,245 03-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Benton08
  5 Man Crews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOMIEPA 21 5,840 11-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Last Post: HOMIEPA
  07-29-2008 Proposed changes to curb multi's + HI's Admin 71 14,309 08-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LuDe
  Bigger Crews OuTkAsT_2 5 1,324 07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Last Post: TheJMan
  Burning Crews HeartBeatStoper 29 5,745 03-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Last Post: johncory25
  Smaller Crews? Kimi_Raikkonen 14 3,428 02-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Tokkiez
  more useful crews eRazorzEDGE 8 2,139 03-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Last Post: PANDAhumpnMONKEY

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon