Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experience for top crew

Big_Bang Wrote:I know. I just thought this convo here needed a little humor. Haha.

lol good point Big Grin

calder12 Wrote:Okay, I finally got explained the 2x experience for the top crew and it makes a bit of sense, emphasis on A BIT. lol

But here's the deal, it means the first crew to jump out to a lead can almost walk away with the whole game with far less effort than everyone else. Catching them as top crew or even as individual players becomes an exercise in futility.

It doesn't really spawn competition after someone gets it and holds it for a bit, what it does is frustrate others.

BUT

What if you gave a bonus to the top 3 crews?

Top crew = 2x exp
2nd place = 1.75x exp
3rd place = 1.5x exp.

Now you have competition, you would have crews actually entering the crew battles just for a shot at one of the top 3 spots. Second with some hard work could actually overtake first instead of watching them slip farther away with every single race that goes by.

The whole idea of the incentive is to promote competition right? Well the way it is now I think it does exactly the opposite after the first day or so, the way I said above I think would make it more fun and give people not only a reason but A HOPE to catch the first place team.

Thoughts?

best way to do it is get rid of the bonus all together and make it like the old times where the bigger the gap of NW the more exp you get.that way everyone stands a chance if they spend...
AlKi

LuDe Wrote:best way to do it is get rid of the bonus all together and make it like the old times where the bigger the gap of NW the more exp you get.that way everyone stands a chance if they spend...

I mentioned turning it back to nw at the top of the thread and calder said that has nothing to do with what hes talking about. so sorry bryce we are both wrong i guess
DON'T THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT, THINK OF IT AS BEING BEAT BY A FAT DUDE!!!!

MC_Alumni Wrote:I mentioned turning it back to nw at the top of the thread and calder said that has nothing to do with what hes talking about. so sorry bryce we are both wrong i guess

O.o I did, I just went back and read what I said in response to that and I didn't even mention the NW part... I responded to the spending part which still makes no sense whatsoever.

When you're ready to come talk to me with a comment that makes sense be my guest. Until then... you're still wrong.

Bryce, if they did that this entire discussion would be a moot point anyways, but until they do (and tbh I doubt they will then the whole experience thing the way it is now defeats the purpose of trying to promote competition and at the same time spending

calder12 Wrote:O.o I did, I just went back and read what I said in response to that and I didn't even mention the NW part... I responded to the spending part which still makes no sense whatsoever.

When you're ready to come talk to me with a comment that makes sense be my guest. Until then... you're still wrong.

Bryce, if they did that this entire discussion would be a moot point anyways, but until they do (and tbh I doubt they will then the whole experience thing the way it is now defeats the purpose of trying to promote competition and at the same time spending
who died and made you king? which comment doesnt make sense? they have it set up so that way people NEED the lead for the advantage. if you want to race twice as hard go ahead, otherwise spend money to take first. i can go back in the past winners and pick out a hanful of rounds where the winner didnt have the lead. as a matter of fact V_L didnt have the lead for the first week the first round we were around and guess what we won. same with winners cirlce. just because you dont like the facts im giving you doesnt mean my comments dont make sense. im not trying to argue with you im just trying to point out that this is the way it is. sure they mite change it but they will need "overwhelming support" and as of right now i dont see them changing it. keep racing the way you are and maybe you will get the bonus exp ya never know. untill then just keep shooting down everyone who comes in here and posts wheter it "makes sense or not" this is probally why no one ever signs up to the forums.

everyone says come on in its a great place to have your voice heard and waste some time. the fact is everything gets shot down by somebody and even though they didnt bring back flame wars everyone flames anyway. so go ahead pick apart all the mistakes i made on this post

Okay, basic points of note.

1. The way it is now the chances of people spending a lot to compete when they fall behind in a day probably aren't good. Hence the no real competition I've seen the last 2 rounds.

2. IF more players figured they could compete then more players would, it's basic math. I talked to Ray about the experience in TS 2 sessions ago and how it was easy once you leveled but a bitch at low levels, they upped it and guess what? Two sessions in a row of more licensed drivers and better competition. Why? Because people see they have a chance, when they see that throwing a few dollars at the game becomes reasonable. When you fall further and further behind while keeping pace with the leaders the incentive becomes nill.

Teams have 6 players per, the odds of someone being picked up by that lead team aren't good compared to the number of players playing the game.

3. This has nothing to do me "getting that bonus experience" If you honestly believe I really give a shit one way or the other you obviously don't have a clue about me or my intentions. It's about making the game fun for EVERYONE and profitable. There are no personal motivations, if you don't believe that talk to some of your crew about me and my opinions on icons. Trust me I don't hold them nearly as dear to my heart as some people do.

This was never about arguing, but instead of coming in and making your opinion clear instead you gave this:

Quote:no sorry. the whole idea of the bonus exp is so people spend money to take first. this is a buisiness not a game thats the thing.

The main logic there is flawed. I run my own game and trust me when I say hoping 6 people will spend enough to keep you going for the month is just plain wrong. You need to give the incentive to get the spending across the board and not from a select few.

Then we have this:

Quote:let me dumb it down for you. we know EXACTLY what your talking about. it gets brought up every round. the fact is the owners like it this way because people spend 100 dollars totake first they have it for 4 hours and then someone else spends 100 dollars to take it back. the next day someone else spends 100 dollars to take it back. thats why its like this.

lets say the number one crew is racing x amount of times and are getting x2 then the number 2 crew that are getting 1.75 exp with just race enough times to offset the less bonus and then the 3rd crew that is getting 1.5 will race just a little harder than the number 2 cre. basically my point is if you give more than 1 bonus they will just race harder to offset the small bonus difference instead of spending for the only bonus. once again this is a buisness, just because people play it doesnt mean its a game let alone has to be fair. if it were fair no one would spend and the owners wouldnt get paid which means you wouldnt be playing. so either spend for the bonus, join a crew that is getting a bonus or stop racing and start stealing. dont come in here and yell at the people that are trying to explain this to you, just accept that this is the way its going to be. dagger and i arent in here making fun of you or trying to tell you your idea is bad. its just not going to change anything.

First line "let me dumb it down for you" Yet you continue to say you aren't arguing.

Let me dumb it down for you

In my scenario you have crew #1 racing to stay ahead, you have crew #2 racing just hard enough to catch crew #1 and crew #3 racing just a bit harder to catch crew #1....

Uhh in what twisted world does that relate to less spending than crew #1 racing just hard enough to stay ahead of everyone else???? Sorry I really am not following your logic. The point is you have THREE crews spending and probably another 2 or 3 trying to catch third.

Oh and I think this is my favourite:

MC_Alumni Wrote:I mentioned turning it back to nw at the top of the thread and calder said that has nothing to do with what hes talking about. so sorry bryce we are both wrong i guess

Go back and find where I said anything about going back to nw?

Now, if you'd care to actually address what I've said instead of being so sure your almighty MC and business knowledge is correct without actually thinking about it then I am willing to try and understand. On the other hand if you just want to keep spouting you're right without any reasonable facts to back it up then I'm done trying to make you understand.

for starters i said that i mentioned going back to nw not you. secondly i never said you cared about icons so i dont know where you are pulling that from either. you keep saying that we should have 3 seperate bonuses. what if 1 crew has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. for that matter what if the top 2 crews hold all top 12 spots. does that mean whoever is in 13th deserves the 3rd bonus?
if i remember correctly the first thing i said in my first response was i kind of agree with what your saying, its just not going to happen. many of good ideas have been brought up but havent been changed. the only reason i can think of good ideas not goign into effect is because of money. this isnt my almighty MC knowledge speaking this is the history of MC speaking...its just the way it has gone in the past and why would it change now?

honestly though, if there are 3 bonuses do you really believe that will promote more spending? cause in my opinion i believe it wont. there are only about 12 people who want to race in a top crew anyway. if there are more bonus exp the people who HI, boost, etc arent going to suddenly want to race and spend money. thats the way im looking at it.

Now once again im not bashing you so lets just stick to the subject and not take it off course, i do admit i mite have been a little rude earlier but thats because when i made my point you just shot it down and restated yours

Okay now I'm confused and I think you misunderstood me.

I meant the bonus goes to the entire crew.

First place crew gets 2x
Second place crew gets 1.75x
Third place crew gets 1.5x

O.o not players or races that would be nuts >.< Unless I'm missing something I don't see how the top crew could hold all 3 spots? Unless you mean helper crews?

lol, no worries btw, I baited you a bit admittedly, I can be kind of an ass on the forums at times.

ps. My comment about the icons started with your comment about me wanting the bonus myself Wink I'm holding my own nicely without it, not that it wouldn't be nice but just not that important to me to create an entire idea thread based around something I personally want.

pps:
Quote:and calder said that has nothing to do with what hes talking about.
=P lol

rofl >.<

Umm through all that I still misunderstood who got the 2x experience. I still like the idea of doing it by crew though xD

What about the fact that 2x isnt actually "2x"

Ive had it plenty of times, and it never seems to add up to 2x but more like 1.25-1.5x

Anyways, why do people care so much about crew lmao. Everyone BUSTS there ass for that aspect of the game, and its one of the few things with no prize. Lol youd expect people to worry more about nw then a thumb. That being said, really the best part of being in top crew is the bonus exp.

If you really think that adding exp to 2nd and 3rd would change anything, I disagree. The double exp should only be for when you hold first, or nothing at all.
:ok:

Confusedpam:... Its what's for dinner.

IGN: TheCheater

Calder Sucks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crew models Purple 1 1,593 08-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Last Post: C-speed
  Crew Messages Reebar 4 3,085 06-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Last Post: crzyrio
  Crew Battle Balancing Kiro 0 1,034 03-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Kiro