Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Ideas *AGAIN*

I was about to post this in the other one, but it got closed. :repost:

Might I add, closing threads only hurts a forum more than anything else, let people speak their minds (or bring back flame wars).

No need to stay on topic because it wont for to long.

1.) More thread topics! I believe there are only 9 topic on this board, which makes it the smallest board in history. Come on, how is forum activity suppose to increase if they are so limited by topics. Some good ones that might help.
a.) Introduction (Not related to noobs thread). Just give people a place to come and say Hi, tell people their in-game name, and just make general conversation, get to know some new people.
b.) Completly re-do the Game threads. Have a section solely for new beginners and general questions, a section for all thefts, a section for pure racers, etc.

2.) Re-do the crew section. Make an entire topic about crews, and then different subtopics. One might be for a player looking for a crew, and then can post their stats, what they are looking to achieve. Ughhh, im forgetting my idea I just had. Anyways, I had this idea about a collective thread in the crew sections that is started a week (give or take) before the next round with ALL the crews running, WHO is looking for members, WHO needs a crew, and post your stats etc.. I think it would work out more for everyone instead of 8 different threads from people looking for crews or crews looking for people.

3.) Easy on thread closings. Ive been a mod on several different boards before and I know when people want to close a thread. But seriously, half of the threads ive seen closed on here, were not worthy of closing at all. (Im not trying to be an ass, im just saying that everyone should be open to voice their thoughts.) It usually stems from one person who gets off topic and starts to make things uneasy. I could understand threads getting closed when there are 500+ active posters, but here, there are 66 active posters.

4.) Share the wealth. This kind of applies to in-game. Within all the threads, SHARE YOUR INFORMATION! Im not saying give away all your secrets but be more generous with your information. I remember when people always use to post their numbers in the Theft Thread but no one does anymore. Numbers are a start and non-thieves can start to find out their own niche with thefts easier.

Now, that I review this, the information seems scrambled and doesnt make much sense but im sure you can get a feel for what im talking about.

PLEASE feel free to give some more ideas.
Poop.

Thats the best post ive read in ages .... fully agree with everything you have said ...:eek:
One Of Midnites Forum Mod Team......Black__Metal ™©

Anther way to get people to sign up ..is to make the forums only accessible when your logged in.... then all the guests will have to become members
One Of Midnites Forum Mod Team......Black__Metal ™©

Yea but quite often the "guests" you see can be google spiders etc,

but this is a very good option, my site had a shocking member rate but huge amounts of guests,

Made it members viewing only and the guests not only signd up to view but alot also started commenting.

Not that i would actaully sign up if i wasnt allready jsut to read what goes on in here,

Altho if i were new to the game i probably would due to wanting to get help etc
Consulate

Ask me in game for help

I have led a number of forums and one of the biggest mistakes I see people make is setting the forum to members only. I refuse to join a forum without perusing it first as a guest, I don't need another password, another site knowing my email (even my spam email) that I am not positive I want to be a part of.

You will find that you get a few more members doing this, you'll also find you get less overall page views.

The spiders themselves will get around the members only, and if you're forum is set up right you'll actually see them listed as google.com or whatever.

dnb_Fueld Wrote:Not that i would actaully sign up if i wasnt allready jsut to read what goes on in here,

as i said you have to have information that people want to read first.

or what i meant should i say.

Also yes i can see they are from google etc, but to your average member it just shows at a guest.

which is were the confusion comes from members thinking alot of people are viewing but no signed up,

Even google spiders are a sign of interest tho.
Consulate

Ask me in game for help

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Ideas Reebar 0 1,198 11-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Reebar
  Few Ideas Reebar 6 3,141 05-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Last Post: crzyrio
  My ideas from a theif ILUV2EXLR8 6 3,215 03-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Last Post: C-speed
  Ideas to make things more fun and competitive teet 4 2,150 04-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Tokkiez
  Ideas you want to be implemented. Tokkiez 77 28,998 03-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Last Post: racerr
  Kao - Please read - Game ideas R_Y_A_N 21 6,402 02-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Last Post: MatBond
  A few ideas for this new game Tokkiez 10 4,465 07-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Tokkiez
  Promoting MC - Ideas Benton08 70 16,778 03-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Benton08
  My ideas Rev 3.1 dnb_Fueld 6 2,501 09-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Last Post: krazyman06
  Rev3 Game Ideas, BETA TESTERS ONLY! PANDAhumpnMONKEY 85 17,403 07-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Last Post: modogg85

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon